length of stay

dvde2

Jul 8, 2013
Hello,
I intend to visit the DR for approx. four months. I believe I will need a return ticket before I depart otherwise the airline can refuse me boarding. If my return ticket date exceeds my 30 day visa would this be a potential problem for getting into the country?
Regards.

Apr 13, 2011
You will have no problem getting into the DR if you have a return ticket, no matter what date on the return ticket. They just want to see that you intend to return and the airline will have satisfied its requirement. The airline will ask about the return ticket when you go to check in for the flight to the DR. If you are unsure about your exact return date, then get a refundable ticket for the return trip. That will make it easier for you to change the return trip to when you need it. Other than that, you will just pay whatever your overstay fee is when you go to the airport for your return trip.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
On my flight last week - JetBlue , JFK to AZS- I was never asked for a return ticket.
As has been said before , it's 'hit or miss' on whether you'll be asked.

Having one can save some angst.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
To refresh my memory are people extending their 30 day stay or are they just paying the penalty on departure?

Thanks

Feb 7, 2007
You can actually do both. You always could have extended the stay in Migracion, and you could have always paid the overstay fee.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just pay a small fine when you leave.
Depends on how many months you "Over stay".
It's only about $100 US for a whole year, or maybe more than a year.
The rates have been posted here MANY, Many times!
Been doing just that for over 16 years.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC