British tourists stage sit in complaining about local Dominicans behaviour

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
and this is newsworthy? Dominicans taking a dump in a hotel pool, and whizzing on deck chairs with people on them? taking all the food? ho hum..yawn

Even better there was already a thread posted on Riu doo doo in the pool.

Aug 19, 2004
Another reason to keep non-tourists from the hotel zone. As long as someone pays this amount of money for a vacation they should have been treated way different.

The British don't behave much better when they go off to certain locations in Europe. They only pay more because they have to include the airfare as well. Without that what they pay is very small for what they get.

Dominicans have every right to stay in hotels in their own country. Hotel management needs to manage the situation better and be sure they can accomodate large groups.

Any one know where these Dominican groups come from/who organises it? The paper claims that another 1.700 were arriving the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
One of the hotels replies to these concerns. "The culture in the Dominican Republic is very different and it is very important to us that all clients enjoy their holidays in our hotels."
I guess the hotels who mix locals with foreigners need to install outdoor, open air toilets rising out from the pools. Also special buffet rooms for locals who have not eaten for a month to prepare for this "chipmunk storing" glutten food fest.
Sadly I have seen similar many times at countless hotels here. It is a reason I will never return to Capella in JD, but many others in PC as well. The culture which is defended here all the time as "lovely people" of which are many dont get me wrong, but what trumps those is the normalcy we experience which is more of a "bad service" "late for everything" " no awareness or concern for others around you". Hell the hotel experience is the same way the streets and parks are treated by most. Its sad when people scream of patriotism and "i love my country" and then you see this..... Much easier to bare the one off "hockey style beatings that happen very infrequently, then being ****ed on while lounging poolside at a 5 star resort.
Scare off the whoremongers and now the families. Tourism marketing at its best!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It is nothing to do with culture, it is just nasty. Yes some Brits are even more nasty when they pop off on thier annual trip to Majorca, but I'd like to think it is not cultural of the Brits, and again simply the binge crowd being rude, nasty, filthy and drunk. I'd not expect to pay Punta Cana prices and be stood in the pool with a floating turd by my side. These people talk about how filthy Haitians are how bad mannered they are, how they are a lower life form and how they spread cholera and other disease and then go around doing stuff like this, funnily not surprising though!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
one wonders how one can steal food on an all inclusive package- and why the people lying on sun loungers didnt notice someone urinating on them before they complained.

I expect there would be a lot of urine in the pool if thousands of people were there

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i thought it was urine - it just said they used it as a toilet didnt it , did I miss the poo

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i thought it was urine - it just said they used it as a toilet didnt it , did I miss the poo

the release says that they also defecated in the pool.

love and marriage, love and marriage,
go together like a horse and carriage

can't have one without the other...or so i am told

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Wow! Unbelievable! Unsanitary and uncivilized!
Well, they lost these customers for life and a lot more customers
This is not good PUBLICITY for a country whose main business is TOURISM!
THIRD WORLD COUNTRY IN ACTION!

Last edited:

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Whenever some group or another is attempting to gain the upper hand the wholesale tales about "public feces drops" become the headlines.
This looks to me like one or two obnoxious twits taking advantage of a less than idealic situation to rouse the rabble in the hopes of getting a "free" vacation.
Anybody who has spent any time working with the vacationing public will have first hand knowledge of the following:

The Germans hate the French Canadians..................................................too noisy.
The French Canadians hate the Germans..................................................too pushy at the buffet.
The Italians hate the Brits.......................................................................too drunk.
Almost everybody hates the Americans.....................................................too ugly, too loud and don't get me started on those giant drink thermos they drag around with them everywhere they go..(lol)
But........
Everybody hates the locals (including thestaff).........................................too Dominican, too messy and after all is said and done, they really don't know their place...

Stories like these are a dime a dozen and to be sure the horrific tales of urine and feces all over the place have no doubt been embellished right out of reality.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Whenever some group or another is attempting to gain the upper hand the wholesale tales about "public feces drops" become the headlines.
This looks to me like one or two obnoxious twits taking advantage of a less than idealic situation to rouse the rabble in the hopes of getting a "free" vacation.
Anybody who has spent any time working with the vacationing public will have first hand knowledge of the following:

The Germans hate the French Canadians..................................................too noisy.
The French Canadians hate the Germans..................................................too pushy at the buffet.
The Italians hate the Brits.......................................................................too drunk.
Almost everybody hates the Americans.....................................................too ugly, too loud and don't get me started on those giant drink thermos they drag around with them everywhere they go..(lol)
But........
Everybody hates the locals (including thestaff).........................................too Dominican, too messy and after all is said and done, they really don't know their place...

Stories like these are a dime a dozen and to be sure the horrific tales of urine and feces all over the place have no doubt been embellished right out of reality.

You missed one.....Everyone loves the Canadians because they dont try and take over the world and when at resorts they demonstrate good quality "hockey style fights" when anyone butts in the buffet line!