update me on long term parking (SDQ)?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have been researching on santo domingo airport long term parking facility and have come up with 2 different sets of rates. The webpage of the airport says its 960 pesos / day but on other webpages I see that 1st day is 420 pesos and then the rest of the following days are 300 pesos / day. I remember this to be true some year back but I am not sure if the prices have gone up. Can someone update me on the real prices, not google researched info?
I am sure someone uses their long term parking regularly so I would like to know from their recent experience.
Thanks in advance.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
so I guess no one uses the long term parking space in sdq. i thought we had frequent travelers here.
thanks anyway.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
just got through to sdq airport information. no one picked up the phone before but thanks god someone did and gave me the info.
its a whopping $960 pesos / day to leave a car in parking lot. it doesn't matter long term or short term, the price stays the same. Its like 23 dollars (US) / day. I think they are insane.
AZB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I would think a man of your stature would have a driver drop you off @ SDQ without the hassle of leaving your camel out in the hot sun while you are in Cartagena doing chiropractic research on young co-eds?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I would think a man of your stature would have a driver drop you off @ SDQ without the hassle of leaving your camel out in the hot sun while you are in Cartagena doing chiropractic research on young co-eds?

I do have a driver who comes to pick me up and drop me off but I was wondering if its cheaper or equal to the prices of taxi to take my car to the airport and not depend on some taxi driver who comes on time or late.
Turns out, taking a taxi to the airport is way cheaper.
AZB

May 12, 2005
just got through to sdq airport information. no one picked up the phone before but thanks god someone did and gave me the info.
its a whopping $960 pesos / day to leave a car in parking lot. it doesn't matter long term or short term, the price stays the same. Its like 23 dollars (US) / day. I think they are insane.
AZB

That's nuts. I wonder if Leonel or Felix Bautista are getting a kick back on that?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have a cab driver who is punctual and charges me 800 pesos each way but his car is not so dependable. the last time he was supposed to pick me up, his car didn't start. The cab driver at SDQ airport are like marfia. they have tourist rates. I have seen them charge 40-60 dollars to take a gringo passengers to santo domingo. They thought I was dominican so prices started from 1700 pesos and stopped at 1500 pesos. then i got ****ed off and told them: "don't give me pendejo prices, I live here". so taxi drivers announced out loud to everyone who wants to take a passenger to santo domingo city center for a lower price. a few volunteered and I offered 1000 pesos. No one took that offer but a very decent looking man with a clean 4 runner type truck (taxi) asked for 1100 pesos because he lived close to me and he wanted to get out of the taxi line. I was surprised to see his car so clean, new and a SUV. I went home for 1100 pesos in luxury. I think I will call him again. it was worth the luxury.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
AZB, if I lived in DR, I would definitely take you and pick you up!!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB, if I lived in DR, I would definitely take you and pick you up!!!!

thanks bronxdude, I know you would. You are cool in my books. In fact you are so cool that i want to call you culo. LOL LOL. just kidding bro.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
thanks bronxdude, I know you would. You are cool in my books. In fact you are so cool that i want to call you culo. LOL LOL. just kidding bro.
AZB

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4d9yjpyddXk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.............

Enjoy!!!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I never use the long term parking at SDQ. The reason? too much corrosive salt in the air, furthermore cars there collect too much dust because of the windy conditions, and then the blistering heat from the sun on the dirty car ruins the paint. Add that to the cost of parking and it's really much cheaper to just take a cab.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I never use the long term parking at SDQ. The reason? too much corrosive salt in the air, furthermore cars there collect too much dust because of the windy conditions, and then the blistering heat from the sun on the dirty car ruins the paint. Add that to the cost of parking and it's really much cheaper to just take a cab.

agreed. I will just take cab back and forth. Cheaper and convenient.
AZB

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Speaking of good taxi drivers that don't rip you off like the regular taxi drivers at SDQ.... I was wondering if there is a list of people that one could call and get the "local" price. I have one particular taxi driver that I call, but was wondering if anybody has compiled a list.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Speaking of good taxi drivers that don't rip you off like the regular taxi drivers at SDQ.... I was wondering if there is a list of people that one could call and get the "local" price. I have one particular taxi driver that I call, but was wondering if anybody has compiled a list.

When you pick up the phone to call for the cab, ask the rate from point A to B.
The radio operator will give you the price, every cab firm does it and I have never had a problem.
If after the journey the cab driver attempts to hike the price, tell them to call in, they will soon back down ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There was a time, before the change to the Mexicans, when it was cheaper to leave the car there for a weak than pay for the taxi. Those days are long past. I think the new management set the prices to avoid people leaving their car there overnight. That way there is always space at the parking lot. If prices had been left the same, they would have had to build more parking space. Now it's so expensive, people don't hang around at the airport as they used to waiting for passengers. People take care to not get there so early. Having had to pick up people recently, notice less people waiting.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I left my car their a very long time ago for over 2 months without any problems. I covered it with a car cover though for the dust.

At the time for me it was worth it because, I moved to an apartment and could just walk away without leaving anybody behind taking care of the place. If I left my car behind I would have had to hired a watchman just for the car and that made no sense. The fee in those days to park was about $10.00 per day (aprox) and the company that guarded my home was $15.00 or more per day. I have no idea what they charge now.