Sosua Promoting Tourism From Israel

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

In collaboration with Alexander De la Rosa, Dominican ambassador in Israel, the mayor Ilana Neumann and the Director of Tourism Lorenzo Sancassani want to encourage tourism from Israel. As a save heaven for the Jewish community in the 40s of the last century Sos?a has special ties with Israel. Many former Jewish residents of Sos?a now live in that country. The Municipals first step taken towards these potential tourists was inviting them to the beach resort. The first guests were given a tour of the Synagogue, the Jewish Museum and the memorial plate in Parque Mirador. Then there was a meeting in the main hall of the town hall.

Besides the mayor and the director of Tourism, representatives of travel agencies and hotels were present.
Video: YouTube
Video: YouTube

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
that should be interesting with sosua's large german population ?

Plenty of NYC Jews travel to Sosua. I hear they get along with the Germans, ( spend large amounts at Passions ), I just wouldn't bring the Israeli tourist to the Romanoff for lunch.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The Jewish museum could be an interesting place to visit, but they would really need to fix the collection and make sure there is someone there, without you needing to beg the sereno to call the lady in charge and then you need to pay her motoconcho when she arrives 45 minutes later.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Jjjjj good point I was just joking . Here is how it go's tosted bagle temtee whiped cream chees cappers choped red
Onions
Tomato not lox but nova then lemmon juice . One day refresher course all it tambo I may not no the toto game bot I can dance in the galley

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
From today's Sosua News:

In collaboration with Alexander De la Rosa, Dominican ambassador in Israel, the mayor Ilana Neumann and the Director of Tourism Lorenzo Sancassani want to encourage tourism from Israel.

It may work,
I saw one jewish gentleman repeatedly in town and on the beach.
He was attired in long black shorts, shirt tucked in, black knee socks, sandals, wore spectacles and enjoyed cultural exchange with the various dominican ladies who accompanied him.
He seems to be the fun guy and tourist the government is targeting.
After seeing him a few times I had a beer with him at the beach, and he told me that he was from Israel on vacation in Sosua and was enjoying his stay.