Internet contract

D0ug

Jul 14, 2013
How do you stop being molested from Orange. I signed up with Orange internet in Luperon [North Coast] after I signed up had nothing with problems it did not work and they were saying that I was making large downloads when it was disconnected. I finally went in to cancel they told me I needed to go to Puerto Plata. So I went to Puerto Plata head office and told them to cancel the contract when I left the office. I took it that it was done. They phoned later and said they would not cancel the contract now six months later they are calling me telling me I have to go to Santo Domingo to their head office. I told them that if they want to pay for a taxi I would have no problem.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
and then they are going to tell you that you OWE for the year of the contract... I had a cell phone contract with them which I paid them to cancell after they simply stopped connecting my area code back home. Worst company I have run across in my time here. Think that you are going to have to go back to the first office and threaten the manager. That is what I would do. At least start there.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
How do you stop being molested from Orange. I signed up with Orange internet in Luperon [North Coast] after I signed up had nothing with problems it did not work and they were saying that I was making large downloads when it was disconnected. I finally went in to cancel they told me I needed to go to Puerto Plata. So I went to Puerto Plata head office and told them to cancel the contract when I left the office. I took it that it was done. They phoned later and said they would not cancel the contract now six months later they are calling me telling me I have to go to Santo Domingo to their head office. I told them that if they want to pay for a taxi I would have no problem.

I hope you kept all the papers that says that the contract was cancelled, the only way to stop them is opening a case with Indotel here Formulario de Reclamaci?n - Indotel

Is important that you explain clearly all that they told you and have papers to prove they canceled.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It took me 8 months of going every month to the office in PP to get my Orange Flybox canceled because of poor service. Every month they told me that it was done and they took their equipment back and every month I was billed for the flybox finally to a total of all 8 months. In fact they would no longer let me pay my phone bill separate from the Flybox so every month off to PP to pay the phone and re cancel the flybox. On the last trip I gave them a bill from me for $3500Rd to cover my cost in gas. Well they finally did cancel the contract and I have not received a bill for the Internet for the last 4 months. So it can be done but certainly not easily.

BTW I am s still waiting for my 3500RD...maybe I should rebill them????

Bob K

dilbert100

Jun 27, 2013
a little off topic...but is the internet connection good there??

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 4, 2010
I'm happy with ORANGE. I have a HUAWEI wireless/wifi internet card, for a monthly fee of 900 pesos (908 pesos to be exact). ORANGE convinced my wife to take substitute it for a card we've had for the past two years. They called her on her cellphone, and after an about half an hour sales talk, my wife agreed. It so happens that we life in a rural environment (no neighbors) (paraje El Aguelico, de Las Lomas de Azua), about 15 kilometers north of the town of Azua. The card was delived by someone on a mountain motorbike who drove all the way from Santo Domingo. I find this quite unusual, not to say suspicious, now with this NSA thing going on.

PS By the way, the connection is great