Plane Crash - Asiana Crew

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This is funny
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L1JYHNX8pdo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
This is funny
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L1JYHNX8pdo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah it's funny....until you realize the crew had families and people were injured or died.

Some jackass NTSB intern (college kid working for free)decided it would be funny, the producer at the TV station and the former beauty queen talking head reporter were both too stupid to see the joke and NOW, the airline and their families have a right to sue the TV station.

I say this being a former SAR flight crewman with multiple landings in SDQ, where the approach in the same as San Fran....over water to a runway. You couldn't possibly understand the difficulty, as you're not talented enough to fly

May your pilot be on his best game each time you land that approach in SDQ, or you too could end up the butt of someone's "joke"

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Captain SOME THING WRONG.
WE TOO LOW.
Holy f*ck
Bang, Ding, Ow.

If it was about some robbery or harmless stunts, it would've been funny as hell.
But in this case it isn't.
What have this world had become making fun of people that died or injured?
It just left bad taste in my mouth.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Yeah it's funny....until you realize the crew had families and people were injured or died.

Some jackass NTSB intern (college kid working for free)decided it would be funny, the producer at the TV station and the former beauty queen talking head reporter were both too stupid to see the joke and NOW, the airline and their families have a right to sue the TV station.

I say this being a former SAR flight crewman with multiple landings in SDQ, where the approach in the same as San Fran....over water to a runway. You couldn't possibly understand the difficulty, as you're not talented enough to fly

May your pilot be on his best game each time you land that approach in SDQ, or you too could end up the butt of someone's "joke"

...and heres the problem with aviation today... idiots thinking because they can fly an airplane, that they are superior...

Doubt it went like that. What mostly happened was some "friend" of the reporter played a joke on him/her cause he knew he/she was an obvious idiot. This idiot then called the ntsb and read off those names to the intern who answered the phone and the intern obviously realizing the joke immediaitely most likely said something along the lines of "yea, right, those are correct?!" in a joking manner.

Only person responsible for this hilarious error is the producer/director at KTVU. What idiots. Funny though.....unless you're asian.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is funny. sometimes i wonder if typically anglosaxon names: smith, jones and so on sound strange in japanese/korean/chinese?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Now Asiana is considering a lawsuit over the names.

I guess they need to start recouping some of the money they are going to lose when they get sued by everyone onboard that flight for hiring obviously idiot pilots.

The least that should happen is someone making fun of the pilot and co-pilot. These two obviously screwed up royally and 3 children lost their lives cause asiana couldnt hire decent pilots.

How in this day and age does a pilot carrying so many souls on board not realize he is meters over the water, going too slow, and then decides to pull those nose up before increasing speed. Never flown an aircraft in my life but even I know not to do that.