1st Time to Punta Cana

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Just got back from Nagua last tuesday night and just booked flight/Hotel in Punta Cana. I have been all over this island for many years but have avoided PUJ because it is heavy tourist area. (I do not like all inclusives and the big resorts over priced and crappy food/service)
Any advice any tips. Thanks.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just got back from Nagua last tuesday night and just booked flight/Hotel in Punta Cana. I have been all over this island for many years but have avoided PUJ because it is heavy tourist area. (I do not like all inclusives and the big resorts over priced and crappy food/service)
Any advice any tips. Thanks.

you don't like heavy tourist areas so you are going to Punta Cana? did i read that right?

drewboy

May 30, 2011
My advice. If you see a bride and groom at night, run ! They could be cruising for a fight.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Seems you made your reservations. Is this an ad? What are you asking for?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's very far from any beach, in da middle of Hooker Downtown.
things to do in punta cana:
hanging around bars,
meeting da Gals,
we have fantastic Deep See Fishing here.
to me visiting PC would be for a beach vacation, but then you booked the wrong hotel, as they re far from any beach.
check out with Charly and his Xtreme Buggies, great fun on those rides.

Mike

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
You're aware you won't be on the beach, right?
Yes. I just spent 6 days in Nagua with a hotel directly on the beach. I have never been there and have a direct flight. Love direct flights.

that's very far from any beach, in da middle of Hooker Downtown.
things to do in punta cana:
hanging around bars,
meeting da Gals,
we have fantastic Deep See Fishing here.
to me visiting PC would be for a beach vacation, but then you booked the wrong hotel, as they re far from any beach.
check out with Charly and his Xtreme Buggies, great fun on those rides.

Mike
From what I have read on trip advisor this hotel is a 5 minute golf kart ride from the white sand beach. Am married wife of course is going with me. She is originally from Nagua. Mike, As far as the buggies go I would love to do this but my wife broke her foot in Nagua on a jet ski she is in a cast. Cast comes off 4 days before we go. I will look up Xtreme buggies in PC. Thanks, Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if they include a golfcart for you it is manageable, even that it still is more than just a 5 minutes ride. the property is on the grounds of the large white sands property, your entering point for the beach is to drive around the golfcourse and enter the hotel Punta Cana Princess, there is the access way to the nearest beach, a good 10 minutes golf cart ride on the road around the course, the street on the last section is very very bumpy for a golfcart. i am there often to take care about a buddies Condo when he is away, never realized golf cart traffick on that road, so make sure they have one ready for you, without a car you are too far away for a walk to the beach, and add that you may want to carry some stuff and drinkets etc to the beach.

Mike

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Wow. Ok. The comments on Trip Advisor said that the walk was short enough to walk. The hotel gives you a ride on the golf kart. They do not let you drive them. Do you have contact # for Charly?

mcbc

Mar 3, 2010
Karibo is not bad actually. Had my breakfast there today as I do 2-3 times a week. Quiet place though. I guess walk to beach would be a good one, but not that far with their golf carts. And good food considering the fair price of it. Wish you a good time in PC!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
mcbc, that's good to hear, so they are open for public for breakfast/lunch/dinner every day?
as i am frequently there/near i will consider them for a snack or breakfast on the next sweep.

Mike

mcbc

Mar 3, 2010
Yes they are. In fact, I am surprised to know them as "hotel" from Nagua posting. It is apart/condo renting and not the usual "hotel rooms" vacation type. But the restaurant is nice, steps from the pool and wifi as well.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's what i assumed on it to be, sounds good. been on my way to there today but due a phone call had to turn around and to the Marina again, may go for an other try on friday or saturday, sounds good.

Mike

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
contact info for charly and his wife Angie is on their website on Xtreme - Buggy For a Wild Time

Mike
Thanks Mike. We plan on drinking. Not sure that would be ok with Charly. Will check it out though.

Karibo is not bad actually. Had my breakfast there today as I do 2-3 times a week. Quiet place though. I guess walk to beach would be a good one, but not that far with their golf carts. And good food considering the fair price of it. Wish you a good time in PC!
MCBC, Found this hotel by surfing the net. Took some searching to get around all the big websites and resorts that flood the internet. This is the type of hotel I like and it looks awesome. Cannot wait. My wife and I have ants in out pants to get there. :) Be the in 3 weeks.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Rick,
drinking for the tour is bsolutely NOT o.k., how can you ask for a selfdriving tour and mention drinking on such?
guests who arrive in the morning still under the influence of alcohol are send back to their hotel without refunds, and during the tour a strict NO-Alcohol policy is enforced til the whole tour is completed and arrived back at the Garage where it started, then the alc can flow.
everything else would be irresponsible and i would not recommend such tour in the first place.
you have to stay sober for one night and the following day, also keep in mind that your drivers(it is done in 4-seater buggies) need to know to drive stick shifters, no automatics available, it is real cars with real manual transmissions, lol.

Mike