New guy here

Hello everyone, I've came across this site alot this year researching a great place to vacation away from the states. A little about me, 26 years old, I love to build custom street cars, I have a 1year old son, served in the U.S Army as a mechanic then landed a great job as a technician for an Italian based warehouse in North Carolina. Life is good right now :D.. From the research I've done I know I would enjoy the culture and the weather. Would also love to meet a potential wife as I've learned the females are very family oriented. Thanks for reading!

May 12, 2005
Welcome to DR1. Do your due diligence if you are looking for a wife. Lots of scammers out there. Search DR1 for Hillbilly's Golden rules.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Welcome new guy.

You sound like a good catch, so maybe after you've done a couple of beach trips, you can convince some DR1'ers to introduce you to some people. It's a challenge to meet the "marrying kind" when you come on vacation as a tourist.

Although women aren't my type, I'd agree that Dominican women can make awesome wives. (Do you know some Spanish?) Then there are the others, and the challenge is sorting it all out. That's where knowing some people comes in handy.

Good luck to you, and start planning that first trip. You won't regret it!

Welcome new guy.

You sound like a good catch, so maybe after you've done a couple of beach trips, you can convince some DR1'ers to introduce you to some people. It's a challenge to meet the "marrying kind" when you come on vacation as a tourist.

Although women aren't my type, I'd agree that Dominican women can make awesome wives. (Do you know some Spanish?) Then there are the others, and the challenge is sorting it all out. That's where knowing some people comes in handy.

Good luck to you, and start planning that first trip. You won't regret it!

Thank you Lol... Had to change my lifestyle from my friends and I turned out pretty good. My Spanish is probably a 4 out of 10. I know how to conjugate the verbs but need more practice speaking the language. Me and a buddy of mine are going late October so that should give me some time Lol

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
My Spanish is probably a 4 out of 10. I know how to conjugate the verbs but need more practice speaking the language. Me and a buddy of mine are going late October so that should give me some time Lol
Check out some Dominicans on you tube--the ones where the kid records the mother going off about something or other are hilarious and spot on. If you've ever been anywhere (beside the Caribbean) where Spanish is spoken, it's like it's another language at first. It takes awhile to hear the rhythm, which is significantly different than other places. But once you catch the rhythm, and understand that the letter "S" is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, you'll be on your way!

Now if your buddy happens to be Puerto Rican, you're set!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Ty, thank you for your service, bless you. You will find that the women here are very family oriented, theirs, and very money oriented, yours. It is not a utopia.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Let's cut him some slack. He's coming for a vacation, and is open to finding someone. He didn't say he was quitting his life to move down here and get married. Now, if he starts asking about fianc?e visas, let him have it!

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
Welcome...Your best bet will be to import your wife from some where else and live in the DR with her, not the other way around IMHO.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
The great thing about moving here and finding yourself a Dominican wife is that in all probability she will come with a ready made family which you my not find out about until its too late!!!!
Listen well to the advice the guys on here give you before dipping your toes in the water.
26yr old, American and guessing you are white?......you won't need a tattoo with ATM on your forehead.
Good Luck

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
The great thing about moving here and finding yourself a Dominican wife is that in all probability she will come with a ready made family which you my not find out about until its too late!!!!
Listen well to the advice the guys on here give you before dipping your toes in the water.
26yr old, American and guessing you are white?......you won't need a tattoo with ATM on your forehead.
Good Luck
but you will be pretty safe. Like in my case it would mean that whenever I go out of the street always some relative will be accompy me.. Official to watch out for the criminals but the real reason is to scare away any girl who wants to talk with me.. But I wil be safe :)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The perfect wife can be found in Santiago, stay away from resort towns.

51363318.jpg

Soon you will have one of these:

my_dominican_wife_tshirts-rf6f8aad4d0534152ac60be79dd465a98_8nhml_512.jpg

Good Luck

I will definitely listen to any advice given ;-) ... And no I'm not white, I'm a black American male. Very different from many of my peers.