Dance Classes In Santo Domingo

Ricardo100

Jul 17, 2013
Hello All,

Any any advice on dance schools in Santo Domingo. In particular I am looking for Salsa classes. And yes I have already read all the snide comments about how Domincanos dont know how to dance Salsa.

I have seen some info on Ritmo70 and tried to email them but received no response. Also found the On2 school. Any insights on those places?

Thankyou for any assistance you can provide.

Ricardo100

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
Salsa on2 dance school

My conclusion after following Salsa courses in different dance schools in Santo Domingo.
Salsa On2 (Avda. 27 de Febrero 421 - Plaza Dominica) is definitely the best place to learn: very good teacher(s), very good dancers. Friday evening they have social dancing, once a month for a bigger audience. You see there the best Salsa dancing in S.D. Only disadvantage is that the dance floor is small.
Beware that they teach Salsa on2, and not Salsa on1 which is internationally more famous. Personally I find Salsa on2 a more beautiful dance.
"On2" means: you move the left foot forward on the 2nd note of the 4-note rhythm.

For best places to go out dancing, please have a look under Best party locations with also some info on dance styles and more adresses in this list.
Disclaimer: I don't know if all locations are still operating.

Ricardo100

Jul 17, 2013
Thanks for info Bahoruco!

Ever been to R70 bar on calle las Mercedes #261 and Jose Reyes. They are suppose to have a dance school Ritmo 70 above
them.

Ricardo 100

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
I went to 3 different schools:
- the first (on Lincoln) doesn't exist any more, because the rent finished
- 2nd was inside a house (don't remember the place)
- Salsa on2 was the third school and best. Another advantage, you have always parking space nearby (of the shopping mall where it is located).

I don't know Ritmo70 school nor the R70 bar.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hM88jzGmn...-i4IhNI/S1600-R/BANNER+101+X+43,5+copy[1].jpg

BANNER+101+X+43,5+copy%5B1%5D.jpg

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
There is a spot in El Conde. Check the pic below. I have not personally been there for classes.

The On2 spot is legit. I haven't been there but I've met the main instructor in NYC and know others that have passed through there. On2 is a distinct style, as has been mentioned, but once you learn to dance you can adjust to any timing. They are also dancing some On2 in Santiago now.

IMG_3312_zps0c0f9907.jpg

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Hola Ricardo....
I am sorry that this is so late from when you first posted. I am not located in Santo Domingo full time but I am back and forth because my husband is still there while we are working on his visa. I am a professional Latin Dancer and choreographer and will be in Santo Domingo in late August sometime though I don't yet know the exact dates as it will depend on our interview with the consulate and also on my rehearsal schedule.

If you would like to set up some lessons while I am there I would be happy to teach some classes while I am there. As a matter of fact I had actually emailed one of the moderators about setting up some possible group classes for the folks on the forume while I am there. I only teach Latin dance, I do not do any ballroom at all. My focus is Salsa and Bachata... both Modern Bachata and Authentic Bachata. I teach Salsa on1 just so you know. Please let me know if you would like to set up some lessons either private or group classes and we can definitely do that! I would love it!

--CMercedes