Non-profit organizations in Santiago/volunteer opportunities

natillym

Jul 21, 2013
I will be moving back to Santiago in the beginning of August and will be staying until the middle of September. I will be staying with my fiance so housing isn't a problem, but I need something to do while I am there. I was thinking of volunteering with an orphanage or non-profit organization for a few weeks. Does anyone know of any orphanages or organizations in Santiago that would accept short term volunteers? I speak a good amount of Spanish so they don't need to be completely english speaking.

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
I would like to tag along on this post...I am retiring from the US military and I will be moving to Santiago full-time in November for to start my 1 year trial period to see if DR is the right fit. That being said, I would really like to do some volunteer work with a reputable organization. So any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated. My Spanish is middle of the road, but I can hold my own.

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
Hola...thanks for the info so far....I will definitely reach out to them....Preston

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
thanks matilda for the reference.

Futuro Lleno de Esperanza has a grade school in Cienfuegos, fairly close to the landfill. We can always use help.