New here

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
Hi!

I have been reading here for a while, and finally decided to join. I am in my late fourties and I have spent about 3 months in DR this last year, and now I am planning to go back in November and stay for 6 months. Just to try if I like it and if I can make a living there...

I have been in Cabarete, Las Galeras, La Vega etc, and on my last trip I spent a month in Bavaro. I really like the beach-life, I have worked in the tourism industri, mainly as a scuba diving instructor, in different countries before I settled down here in Sweden. Now my kids are growing up and don't need me as much, which is giving me the opportunity to explore and decide how I want to live my life in the future.

I am planning to find an apartment to rent in Bavaro, since I believe that is the best area if I want a good beach to run on in the afternoons, and also a chance to find a job or buy a small business. At the moment I am working for the Swedish Government as a section manager in a big office in central Stockholm, but I hope I will find something to do in DR, that will make it possible to make a life there.

I am happy that I found this forum, and it is really interesting to share all your thoughts and advises!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
welcome to DR1! Good to hear that you will be going on a trial basis before making a final decision.

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
Thank you!

Yes, I feel it will be good to try it out first. Even if I no decision needs to be final, I can always change my mind if want to. But this way it will be easier, and safer. I will still have my job and my apartment in Stockholm, and can do whatever I want after my 6 months. :)