Criminal Record Check

Showdown

Jul 22, 2013
I am interested in checking to see if someone in the DR (a Dominican) has a criminal record. I have a copy of their cedula. How can I go about doing this and if so can someone recommend a service? Thanks.

Feb 7, 2007
Pay 330 pesos in banco de Reserva for Buena Conducta, then go to the nearest DA office and ask for "Papel de Buena Conducta".

Showdown

Jul 22, 2013
What is a Buena Conducta? And when I go to the DA office how long will it take for them to give me a copy of a criminal record? I called an attorney in Santo Domingo and they wanted $200 dollars and said it would take 5 days.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
What is a Buena Conducta? And when I go to the DA office how long will it take for them to give me a copy of a criminal record? I called an attorney in Santo Domingo and they wanted $200 dollars and said it would take 5 days.

It really costs about 300 pesos. It's a paper that says you don't have a criminal record (Buena conducta = good behavior), it's really called "Constancia de no antecedentes penales". If you're in Santo Domingo, the Procuraduria office that handles this in on Av Maximo Gomez, right in front of Marriot Courtyard hotel. If you go early in the morning you'll get it in less than an hour. You do need copy of the cedula of the person. This report serves the purpose, but it's not intended for that, so don't tell anyone why you're getting it or they could make it difficult for you, the kind of difficulties that costs $$$

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Papel de Buena Conducta literally means Paper of Good Conduct (less literally, Statement of Good Conduct). This does not proffer "good conduct." It shows when "good conduct" has been compromised (criminal record). Rubio explained clearly enough. Follow his lead.

Showdown

Jul 22, 2013
It really costs about 300 pesos. It's a paper that says you don't have a criminal record (Buena conducta = good behavior), it's really called "Constancia de no antecedentes penales". If you're in Santo Domingo, the Procuraduria office that handles this in on Av Maximo Gomez, right in front of Marriot Courtyard hotel. If you go early in the morning you'll get it in less than an hour. You do need copy of the cedula of the person. This report serves the purpose, but it's not intended for that, so don't tell anyone why you're getting it or they could make it difficult for you, the kind of difficulties that costs $$$

Ok so I can go to the Procuraduria office, give them the photo copy of the persons cedula and they will give me a piece of paper that shows if the person does or does not have a criminal record. If the person has a criminal record will the paper show the offense or will it simply say they have a criminal record? Do criminal records in the DR include arrests or only convictions?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Ok so I can go to the Procuraduria office, give them the photo copy of the persons cedula and they will give me a piece of paper that shows if the person does or does not have a criminal record. If the person has a criminal record will the paper show the offense or will it simply say they have a criminal record? Do criminal records in the DR include arrests or only convictions?

As far as I know, arrests for simple things in DR are hardly ever put in paper. A night in jail and out the next morning. Most "destacamentos" don't have computers or even paper (in most they just write stuff down, handwritten on a "mascota"). So I guess if anything shows up in procuraduria, it must be something of importance. I know the law says a fiscal should be present, but I've never seen it happen for small things.
I guess if someone has a criminal record, such document will just be refused. But I can't tell for sure as I, being the nice guy I am, has always been given one every time I asked for it. ;-)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
What's your motivation ShowDown?

Yeah. If all you want to know is if a person has had any significant problem with the law, all you have to do is find any policeman with a radio, hand him over $500 and he will gladly radio the given cedula number and have your answer in 30 secs...

Showdown

Jul 22, 2013
What's your motivation ShowDown?

While on travel my family and I met a young women we are considering to be a live in nanny/housekeeper when we are down there which is twice a month. She will live in the house even when we are not there. I need to do my due diligence and make sure this girl has no issues like I am referencing. I had a friend who did a similar thing and found out that the girl had been going to court over an assault issue. I want to make sure the same thing does not happen to me.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Even if you do have a criminal record, you just have to pay the right person to get it taken out of the computer, so really not worth checking.

Matilda

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Couldn't click the "like button" (I wonder why sometimes I can, others I can't), so let me write it out. Very, very sharp wit cowboy.
It happens to me that I can't like a post. If you click on the post number (on the right #1, etc) and then like it will work.