Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santo Domingo/Punta Cana Bus

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santo Domingo/Punta Cana Bus

From what I am hearing Caribe tours does not have bus transportation to Punta Cana from SD. Anybody know of other transportation?

Post Thanks / Like

Expreso Bávaro
    Expreso Bvaro - Autobuses entre Santo Domingo y Bvaro Punta Cana
    www.facebook.com/Transporte16

See also the East Coast Basic Information 'sticky' thread in the East Coast forum.

3. Likes NaguaRick liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Expreso Bávaro
    Expreso Bvaro - Autobuses entre Santo Domingo y Bvaro Punta Cana
    www.facebook.com/Transporte16

See also the East Coast Basic Information 'sticky' thread in the East Coast forum.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    Why bus, I can pick you up and deliver you to your hotel in Cana for RD6.750, door to door!
    We are thinking of having my mother inlaw and brother in law come down from Nagua and they have to go thru Santo Domingo on Caribe tours. Are you running a taxi service in Punta Cana?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribe Tours bus stop in Santo Domingo to the best of PJT's memory is at Av. 27 and Leopoldo Navaro. One would have to take a taxi from there to Expresso Bavaro ( Bavaro Express Bus*|*Punta Cana Map ) at the intersection of Juan Sánchez Ruiz & Máximo Gómez. Expresso Bavaro has six departures daily from the capital to Punta Cana. This is no guarantee, but it is best to arrive no later than 30-45 min before departure time to obtain seating. It is first come-first served.

Just a quick note as the Expresso Bavaro website has a conflict of departure times. The departure times in fact as of this date are: 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm y 4pm.

Regards,

PJT

6. Likes NaguaRick liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    Caribe Tours bus stop in Santo Domingo to the best of PJT's memory is at Av. 27 and Leopoldo Navaro. One would have to take a taxi from there to Expresso Bavaro ( Bavaro Express Bus*|*Punta Cana Map ) at the intersection of Juan Sánchez Ruiz & Máximo Gómez. Expresso Bavaro has six departures daily from the capital to Punta Cana. This is no guarantee, but it is best to arrive no later than 30-45 min before departure time to obtain seating. It is first come-first served.

Regards,

PJT
    Yes no guarantee. I find in the DR that nothing is guaranteed. LOL Do they have bathrooms on the bus? We might take the bus to SD to meet them and we want to take some wine with us.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No on board bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by NaguaRick View Post
    Yes no guarantee. I find in the DR that nothing is guaranteed. LOL Do they have bathrooms on the bus? We might take the bus to SD to meet them and we want to take some wine with us.

No bathroom. However, they make a pit stop in La Romana. Travel time 3.5 - 4 hrs on average.

Regards,

PJT

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Last trip my hubby did there was a bathroom. Apparently depends which bus you end up on.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Last trip my hubby did there was a bathroom. Apparently depends which bus you end up on.
    Ah ok. Thank you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    No bathroom. However, they make a pit stop in La Romana. Travel time 3.5 - 4 hrs on average.

Regards,

PJT
    Actually, most buses have washrooms, and they are not stopping anymore.

If they go from Caribe Tours to the station at Maximo Gomez stop, there's a washroom that has been clean the last few times I've used it, if not, there's a baskin robbins around the corner as well. If they go to the enriquillo station, you're on your own, I have no clue,

12. Likes NaguaRick liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by facelessdoll View Post
    Actually, most buses have washrooms, and they are not stopping anymore.

If they go from Caribe Tours to the station at Maximo Gomez stop, there's a washroom that has been clean the last few times I've used it, if not, there's a baskin robbins around the corner as well. If they go to the enriquillo station, you're on your own, I have no clue,
    Ok. Thank you.

14. Likes facelessdoll liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast