Santo Domingo/Punta Cana Bus

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
From what I am hearing Caribe tours does not have bus transportation to Punta Cana from SD. Anybody know of other transportation?

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Expreso B?varo
Expreso Bvaro - Autobuses entre Santo Domingo y Bvaro Punta Cana
www.facebook.com/Transporte16

See also the East Coast Basic Information 'sticky' thread in the East Coast forum.
Thank you very much for your help.

Why bus, I can pick you up and deliver you to your hotel in Cana for RD6.750, door to door!
We are thinking of having my mother inlaw and brother in law come down from Nagua and they have to go thru Santo Domingo on Caribe tours. Are you running a taxi service in Punta Cana?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Caribe Tours bus stop in Santo Domingo to the best of PJT's memory is at Av. 27 and Leopoldo Navaro. One would have to take a taxi from there to Expresso Bavaro ( Bavaro Express Bus*|*Punta Cana Map ) at the intersection of Juan S?nchez Ruiz & M?ximo G?mez. Expresso Bavaro has six departures daily from the capital to Punta Cana. This is no guarantee, but it is best to arrive no later than 30-45 min before departure time to obtain seating. It is first come-first served.

Just a quick note as the Expresso Bavaro website has a conflict of departure times. The departure times in fact as of this date are: 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm y 4pm.

Regards,

PJT

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Caribe Tours bus stop in Santo Domingo to the best of PJT's memory is at Av. 27 and Leopoldo Navaro. One would have to take a taxi from there to Expresso Bavaro ( Bavaro Express Bus*|*Punta Cana Map ) at the intersection of Juan S?nchez Ruiz & M?ximo G?mez. Expresso Bavaro has six departures daily from the capital to Punta Cana. This is no guarantee, but it is best to arrive no later than 30-45 min before departure time to obtain seating. It is first come-first served.

Regards,

PJT
Yes no guarantee. I find in the DR that nothing is guaranteed. LOL Do they have bathrooms on the bus? We might take the bus to SD to meet them and we want to take some wine with us. :nervous:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
No on board bathroom

Yes no guarantee. I find in the DR that nothing is guaranteed. LOL Do they have bathrooms on the bus? We might take the bus to SD to meet them and we want to take some wine with us. :nervous:

No bathroom. However, they make a pit stop in La Romana. Travel time 3.5 - 4 hrs on average.

Regards,

PJT

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last trip my hubby did there was a bathroom. Apparently depends which bus you end up on.

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
No bathroom. However, they make a pit stop in La Romana. Travel time 3.5 - 4 hrs on average.

Regards,

PJT

Actually, most buses have washrooms, and they are not stopping anymore.

If they go from Caribe Tours to the station at Maximo Gomez stop, there's a washroom that has been clean the last few times I've used it, if not, there's a baskin robbins around the corner as well. If they go to the enriquillo station, you're on your own, I have no clue,

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Actually, most buses have washrooms, and they are not stopping anymore.

If they go from Caribe Tours to the station at Maximo Gomez stop, there's a washroom that has been clean the last few times I've used it, if not, there's a baskin robbins around the corner as well. If they go to the enriquillo station, you're on your own, I have no clue,
Ok. Thank you.

MichaelandJuliet

Jul 29, 2013
Is there a bus straight from the airport or from Boca Chica? We're going to stay there for a couple days before going off to Bavaro, and I'd prefer not to backtrack.