Jet Set Club in Santo Domingo

anarquista

Dec 15, 2004
I'm travelling alone so I probably won't stop by but that's good to know, thanks. It reminds me of some of the clubs frequented by Dominicans here.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There use to be a nightclub at the Melia (365, Sheraton..) back in the late 80's. It was right outside the Hotel, down some stairs. I remember seeing many groups there, Johnny Ventura, Hermanos Rosario, etc...

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
13 years ago the best was Jubilee, on same building as Jaragua hotel.

Guacara Taina also was good.

then came x [or Y?] generation with their "music". But classic Salsa and Merengue is hard to 'beat'

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Was it at the present location on Av. Independencia or was it at another location?

If I remember well it was somewhere off Av. Independencia por La feria...

I am 52 now, I used to go there with my high school friends.

Long time ago!

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
We also had a Jet Set in Santiago by the time, located behind Shell Monumental gas station Av. Monunmental exit to Santo Domingo.
With Ten RD pesos bill I was able to pay for mine, the girl cover , a bottle of rum, two cokes cigarettes and of course the tip for the waiter.
Very nice disco!

JJ

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Just booked tickets for a 12 gringo bachelor party today for April, Jet set might be a little too Dominican for a few gringos coming. Was there in August and loved it. I have no shame in showing off my lack of Salsa skills.

What is up with the cave bar, haven't been there in almost 10 years. Is it still going? Any info would be appreciated. Any body could potentially love that environment regardless of the music.

anarquista

Dec 15, 2004
^ Their Facebook page and Twitter are fairly active. I can't find any indication that they play anything other than electronic music but I'm curious to know for sure.