Claiming Dominican Nationality for a 1/2 Dominican Child and Impedimento de Salida

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I am SURE I spelled the word impedimento wrong or screwed something up.. lol Anyway.. I have a friend who's baby daddy is trying to claim their 2 kids together (supposedly) in the JCE. He's been singing and dancing on the process for about 2 months saying it's almost done, it's almost done. She lives here so she's not so concerned on how quick it is done but she would like to go home for Christmas.

Tonight baby daddy called to her and told her the Junta is nearly done, but needs more information. He played it out that the Junta needs her social security number and passport number in order to finish the kids "dominican birth certificates".... That got her "paranoid" that the baby daddy may want to do something else to her. I don't know the specifics but I think she borrowed money from the baby daddy's friend, and hasn't finished paying it or is late or hasn't paid it.. no idea of the specifics, but she think the information he's asking is for the friend and NOT the JCE.

Can someone tell me if they are claiming the 2 kids births here in the DR to make them "Dominican Citizens" or whatever.. Would they really need the non dominican's mom's passport number? SSN?

What do you all think?
Thanks!
Jen

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I already went through this process for my kids, but I don't recall them ever asking. Yet I'm sure my ex has that information of mine so he may not even ask me and would have provided it.. no idea!!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
As a father, they needed a copy of my passport to register the birth. I was present and I had to do all the signing, the mother had nothing to do with that part of it other than a copy of her cedula. They also brought both of us in with the baby for a quick interview....general questions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I see no reason they would need a SS number. Just a passport and if you happen to have a DR cedula perhaps.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
ramesses.. o,k maybe thats the difference.. we are talking about kids born in the US and then declared here? Not sure if declared is the word. They have US birth certificates.

Jen

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I completed this process for my kids less than a year ago.
They did not ask for my social security # and have no reason to need it.
They do need your passport.