Apartment Hunt

Apr 13, 2011
I am starting the apartment hunt again.

I am primarily looking in the Santo Domingo area, but I am open to considering other areas.
It is primarily for my wife and two kids, 3 and 10, so a decent school in the area would be nice.
I travel back to the US for work.

I am willing to look at furnished apartments as well.
I am open to any help or information that anyone can provide as I go through this search.

I know that I will have to do most of the investigating in person.
But which websites might show some ideas of what is around. The DR1 classifieds are good, but not a wide offering there. I could not find the info about any websites in the Rental Section of the forums.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
A client of mine is renting out an apartment which came available recently. It's in Evaristo Morales, let me know if you are interested, to send you some pictures.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think it depends TOTALLY on what you consider, a "Decent School"???????????
What's your budget for "School"??????
And for the apartment?????
Without those "numbers" how can we offer any help????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Apr 13, 2011
I had been paying 22,500 pesos, including maintenance, for the previous apartment. And school was around 8000 pesos per month for each kid at a "decent" bilingual school, obviously not the most expensive school, but MUCH better than public school.
I would like to stay around that.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I suggest Arroyo Hondo, where I live, or the "Las Cazicasgos' area like "Sarasota", or "Enriquillo".
Maybe "Piantini", but the traffic there is horrendous!
Lots of nice apts., and several good private schools.
Also super markets, shopping, restaurants, medical clinics.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I don't know, CCCC, 22.5 is the low end for a two bedroom.. at least in Gazcue,.. which I do not think is the most expensive neighborhood. But that should help you look for neighborhood rentals since there will not be a lot. If you can go with unfurnished, you will find cheaper, but as you know unfurnished come with NOTHING// no stove, no fridge, no light fixtures, beds, nuttin.. so it is gonna take a lot of money and energy to get the place up and running.

I have friends who live with small kids in Juan Dolio who go to a bilingual school but do now know their tuition or rent.

but if you actually do not HAVE to be in SD and do not love it.. well, why be here?

Apr 13, 2011
Mountainannie and CCCC - thanks for the additional info.
It is not that I do not like SD - I do like it - I am just open to considering other options if they are good.

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
My friend has a 2 bedroom apartment in the colonial zone. It's a very nice place, and comes furnished or unfurnished. You can pm me if you want more info

Sep 4, 2012
When do you need it by?

I'll have hands on a brand new one off of construction and available around OCT/NOV time frame. PM if interested, it's 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 6th floor with elevator, parking, security, planta electrica and roof is yours to enjoy ocean and city view of SD.

The apartment is in Los Prados right next to Nunez de Cacerez and close to Kennedy.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
When do you need it by?

I'll have hands on a brand new one off of construction and available around OCT/NOV time frame. PM if interested, it's 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 6th floor with elevator, parking, security, planta electrica and roof is yours to enjoy ocean and city view of SD.

The apartment is in Los Prados right next to Nunez de Cacerez and close to Kennedy.

for 22,500 pesos? you are kidding, right?

Apr 13, 2011
MA - 22,500 was the previous 3 bedroom/2 bath apartment. I am looking to stay in that range. But I did not say that was the exact budget. Thanks.