Merengue festival from Friday through Sunday! Malecon.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Will see some good stuff if you can avoid the trouble. Free festivals/fiestas always end up with a couple of deaths here as it brings out the gutter slugs, but if you like merengue then it might be worth it. Personally I can't stand traditional merengue but I love some of the alternative stuff. Should be cool.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Will see some good stuff if you can avoid the trouble. Free festivals/fiestas always end up with a couple of deaths here as it brings out the gutter slugs, but if you like merengue then it might be worth it. Personally I can't stand traditional merengue but I love some of the alternative stuff. Should be cool.

Oh please, why you trying to scare people. If the event is like any other major event held on the malecon there is no fear what so ever. Plenty of police presence and excellent crowd control.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2013/7/11/48272/print

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Scare people? Oh please? Lol, get a grip of yourself, it is evident i am making a light hearted comment. But for your information every free festival here ends up with some incidents, for the reasons I mentioned, so please, don't tell me my information is incorrect, it isn't.

Come back to me on Monday please, until then I would not bet against it, as past events say otherwise and is why even free events these days are becoming ticketed events rather than free for all.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........Come back to me on Monday please, until then I would not bet against it, as past events say otherwise and is why even free events these days are becoming ticketed events rather than free for all.

I will be at the event this weekend and will come back alive and well on Monday............