Things to Do

knelson1003

Mar 29, 2013
We are staying in Punta Cana at Catalonia in December. What are some things to do that are off the beaten path? Any excursions that are a must do!

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
I liked the Safari Outback tour or whatever it was called, but I liked it the first time i went to PC and the DR, so maybe not so exciting for someone who knows a lot about the DR??!!

It was about 8 years ago, can't remember much about the tour but know i liked it!
My leg is busted up and my wife just got her cast off yesterday. LOL. Probably no safari runs. Thanks for input.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Take the trip to Higuey to see the Basilica and the Museo Altagraciano, with all the many times strange donations those devoted to the Virgin would give to the church.
Travel north to Macao beach, to ride the fun waves and take a surfing lesson.
Parque Ecologico Los Ojos Indigenas, the perfect place to go after a hot day at the beach. Chill off in the springs after a walk through jungle, in the Puntacana Resort area. Check out the programs offered by the Fundacion Ecologica Punta Cana -- they offer a Segway excursion.
Go ziplining over the Anamuya forests with Bavaro Runners.
Take the boat excursion to see El Acuario in Punta Cana, where they are working on restoring coral gardens.

Albeit... all these are for those that can get around. If you need to just sit around, then recommend having your meals at Jelly Fish Restaurant (in Bavaro), La Yola Restaurant (in La Marina de Puntacana), two places from where you can enjoy the lovely sea views.