Mail Boxes B?varo PC closing down operations

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I have an account with Mail Boxes Etc. in Punta Cana. They have just sent a message saying they are pulling out and that their local office will close in 15 days time. This is very sudden and I have to act quickly to be able to provide my bank and others with a new address.

Please post your recommendations for other mail forwarding services based in the area - as near as possible to Punta Cana Village.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Update: their office in Punta Cana Village will continue providing a forwarding service but no longer as MBE. They have parted ways apparently. Metropac is not affected.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That one is affected as well - it's the same franchise holder who is parting ways with MBE.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
EPS in Plaza Riviera, Bavaro is very dependable. You will like it a lot better than Mail Box's Etc.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
CPS is in Amstar Business Center. Very satisfied so far with their services and rates.

Feb 7, 2007
EPS, CPS, both very expensive. people, how much are you paying per pound with them?

I bring a 3 pound package with Pick N Send and I pay about 400 pesos.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Well I just got my notification from MBE, talk about late! So I wonder when they are actually closing. Went to the Palma Real office yesterday and they had been holding three magazines (one was for June, another for July and another August). MBE Service has really gone downhill recently. If it hadn't been for a friend seeing this thread I would never have known and would have lost these magazines which I have paid for. Thanks to Franklin who works at MBE, I got them. I asked him about the news he says that there will still be a mail box service in Palma Real but just not MBE.

We used to be part of EPS four years ago but they went downhill so moved to MBE which initially was really good. So not sure what to do now as I have to inform all relevant parties.. what a pain in the you know what!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am with Vimenpaq since 3 years + now. Approaching 200 deliveries. They failed not once. Very happy with them. They are in Friusa and Plaza San Juan.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They sent a message to their customers saying that they would now be representing EPS from the same locations and that they would be assigning new P O Box numbers and address in the next few days.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I assume all these other companies, Vimeneca, EPS, etc... use a US mailing address. Do they have a regular monthly flat fee for regular letter mail? or is it pay per package?

Yup, US addresses. All pay per package as far as I know.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I am back with EPS and they have upped their game, so I am happy with their service, and yes you pay for each package depending on the weight and yes EPS has a USA mailing address.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I'm not particularly thrilled about this. I only received notice that the service was changing AFTER it already happened. I was notified that I have packages in Santo Domingo and that is it my responsibility to coordinate the delivery of the packages to Punta Cana. Any letters or packages that have the old MBE address are going to Santo Domingo and requirement payment to be delivered to PC. As nice as the guys are at the old MBE office in Palma Real, they just shrug there shoulders when asked about helping get my packages from SD. As a matter of fact, when I went in and asked if he could call the office in SD he told me he wasn't allowed to use the phone!!! He asked to use my cell phone. ****ing hilarious. The best they would do is give me an email address which of course no one has responded to my requests.

Luckily I'll be in SD next week and will pick up my stuff directly but this is such classic Dominican bull****. How can a mail forwarding service send your packages to a different city and then inform you it's your responsibility to negotiate getting the packages to PC.

Ah... life in paradise.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, that happened to us as well so we went to the MBE office when we were in La Romana and the girl there phoned the SD office and they said they would sent it by Metropack. This was a month ago and nothing has been received. Will have to go to the main office next time we are in SD.