Has Pujols used PEDs?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I suppose one can say never say never but Pujols seems a principled person who has a life outside baseball. Clark's source is denying what Clark has said.

Sep 4, 2012
Sure, he's Dominican as the rest of the Dominican cheaters would likely be the consensus here so, let's place it at front. I personally do not believe he's part of that.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I suppose one can say never say never but Pujols seems a principled person who has a life outside baseball.

Seeming to be "principled" is exactly that-an appearance. If its' something you want to believe, be my guest. But Pujols exhibits, to me, some classic tell-tale signs of PED use which have nothing to do with his personal integrity or lack thereof.

1) Bloated/muscular torso. Too much muscle from testosterone, too bloated from HgH.

2) Putting up unbelievable numbers during the exact moment in time steroids are rampant in the sport.

3) Chronic, perpetually nagging injuries. The muscles may respond well to steroids, but ligaments and tendons sometimes do not. The types of injuries Pujols has suffered from over the years are, to me, symptomatic of injuries players get when are on a heavy regimen.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I hate to say this but I would suspect any DR player of using p.e.ds. I know Pujols is getting older but his production seems to have dropped off just when MLB is getting tough and drug testing is more stringent. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask the question. If you have nothing to hide just adimently deny it. We probably won't believe you anyway.

LTSTeve

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't think Pujols was ever on PEDs. For one, he always showed the same level of performance since day 1. It's not like he suddenly started putting up numbers out of nowhere (Hello Sammy Sosa!)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Go find a pic of him as a rookie without a hat. Do the same for him in his prime.

See that forehead bulge around and above the eye sockets?? You don't get that naturally from just aging...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
He has probably been using p.e.ds from day 1. The Angels were crazy to sign him to this huge contract but just like the Yankeewith A-Rod they could not resist the temptation.

LTSteve

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Even the Dapper Don knew about steroids in the 80's:

[video=youtube;8msljW9WarM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8msljW9WarM[/video]

John Gotti in 1988 said:
You ain?t gonna be a baseball player or a basketball player. Let me tell you something about baseball and basketball players. First of all, you got to be a good liar, a good lowlife, and an imbecile...You gotta take steroids. You must take steroids! And anybody that takes steroids is a garbage pail.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
I believe the major scouting report when he was attempting to break into the MLB was that HE WAS TOO SMALL""""""" GO FIGURE :cool::cool: