Sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorer1

Jul 7, 2013
From reading mutliple posts here about male/female relationships, I get the impression that, in the DR, sex is for sale to the highest bidder, and romance, dare I say, love, is simply not part of the program.
Domincan women are often incredibly beautiful; it is sad to think that no matter how beautiful the face, how supple the body, how deep and mysterious the eyes, how heartfelt the trifles whispered from crimson lips...the experience is only the trappings of performance, on a stage built from the crestfallen remains of many a man who has given up everything in search of a mate, only to find a wraith, the spectre of an echo of a dream.

So much for romance. So much for paradise. Just sayin'...(sigh).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ah, so true ...... but go to any poor neighborhood in any part of the world and you will find that very few things matter to their lives

Food and sex top the list......

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
From reading mutliple posts here about male/female relationships, I get the impression that, in the DR, sex is for sale to the highest bidder, and romance, dare I say, love, is simply not part of the program.
Domincan women are often incredibly beautiful; it is sad to think that no matter how beautiful the face, how supple the body, how deep and mysterious the eyes, how heartfelt the trifles whispered from crimson lips...the experience is only the trappings of performance, on a stage built from the crestfallen remains of many a man who has given up everything in search of a mate, only to find a wraith, the spectre of an echo of a dream.

You must admit, it's an incredible deal, when all one has to offer is a pocket full of money......

May 29, 2006
It's even worse among the very rich. There's a reason pre-nups are de rigor. Until women have the same opportunities to earn as men, things aren't likely to change anytime soon.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
For the masses this is a sad reality in many places, DR included...Then there are those lucky few who find something truly special....Let me know if you find one of those lucky few.....:)

I was invited to a friends home in Santiago. The guy is a hard worker and has a nice home and a good heart. Told me his wife left him cause he did not make enough money. He even asked my girlfriend if she knew any girls who might be interested...It can be a hard knock life even for the local Dominican dude who is not rich, but also not poor.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010

Oh explorer...love is a wonderful thing...with all of its magic..romance en paraiso...true love for ever...she really..really.. loves me and me only.

BUT....you either have to find a beautiful woman..that dont eat..dont get sick..dont need clothes..dont need shoes.....dont need transportation..dont need a roof over her head...and no sick brothers or family...no broken fridge...and on and on.

Its not a matter of love to their highest bidder...or sex for sale...or part of a sinister program..or...that... they are all putas...no no.

If this beautiful women had no needs in life...may be they will romance a foreigner turista..that leaves on friday.

dont need cosmeticos...dont need her hair done..dont need the nails done..and no need for minutos al celular:nervous:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Ah, so true ...... but go to any poor neighborhood in any part of the world and you will find that very few things matter to their lives

Food and sex top the list......

Spoken like a person that never lived in the neighborhood he speaks of. Go to any "poor" neighborhood and the welfare of their children is the ONLY list.

I hate to break the news to you but sex would not even make the 10 ten.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
For the masses this is a sad reality in many places, DR included...Then there are those lucky few who find something truly special....Let me know if you find one of those lucky few.....:)

I was invited to a friends home in Santiago. The guy is a hard worker and has a nice home and a good heart. Told me his wife left him cause he did not make enough money. He even asked my girlfriend if she knew any girls who might be interested...It can be a hard knock life even for the local Dominican dude who is not rich, but also not poor.

A husband will NEVER tell the real reason why his wife left him. The truth is she left his ass because she did not want to be his wife anymore The End!!!

So his wife left a "nice" home to try her hand on the open market, because DR is just filled with rich single bachelors looking for a woman to take care LOL!!!!

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
theres some good ones left here every one gave me hell about it to amuse them selfs but she just likes to say in the house and not party i have to drag her out the house. shes truthful still has the same phone i bought her tells me when someone tries to talk to her im not leting that girl go :cheeky:

Dec 26, 2011
Spoken like a person that never lived in the neighborhood he speaks of. Go to any "poor" neighborhood and the welfare of their children is the ONLY list.

I hate to break the news to you but sex would not even make the 10 ten.

Truth.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
the experience is only the trappings of performance, on a stage built from the crestfallen remains of many a man who has given up everything in search of a mate, only to find a wraith, the spectre of an echo of a dream.

You all know the truth! It's so damn obvious. I hope not to offend anyone, since I'm going to make many many generalizations. Do you guys seriously expect to find love, when most of you are over 50, come to a foreign country, in most cases hit on girls that are 30 years younger than yourself, hit on girls who are poor to not say extremely poor and who are in most cases looking desperately to get out of poverty. Sure they'll tell you they love you, they'll do anything for you, as long as you keep the cash flowing. I'm sure there are cases were the girl might genuinely fall in love, but those are very few. Enjoy the sex, the partying, the "te quiero papi", but for god's sake don't be a chump, and get into a "serious" relationship or worse marry one of these girls.

Some of you should learn one or two things from wealthy Dominican old guys. They get these girls, take them to the caba?as a few times a month, buy them some clothes once in a while etc. but they're no fools they know that these girls are only with them for the $$$, they know these girls have their true boyfriends back in the barrio, none of them will be such a fool to fall in love, or crazy enough get marry to one of these girls.

Last edited:

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
You all know the truth! It's so damn obvious. I hope not to offend anyone, since I'm going to make many many generalizations. Do you guys seriously expect to find love, when most of you are over 50, come to a foreign country, in most cases hit on girls that are 30 years younger than yourself, hit on girls who are poor to not say extremely poor and who are in most cases looking desperately to get out of poverty. Sure they'll tell you they love you, they'll do anything for you, as long as you keep the cash flowing. I'm sure there are cases were the girl might genuinely fall in love, but those are very few. Enjoy the sex, the partying, the "te quiero papi", but for god's sake don't be a chump, and get into a "serious" relationship or worse marry one of these girls.

Some of you should learn one or two things from wealthy Dominican old guys. They get these girls, take them to the caba?as a few times a month, buy them some clothes once in a while etc. but they're no fools they know that these girls are only with them for the $$$, they know these girls have their true boyfriends back in the barrio, none of them will be such a fool to fall in love, or crazy enough get marry to one of these girls.
Well said/observed.....but I am guessing that your words will still not penetrate some underpants....sorry I mean Brains:bunny:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Lots of Dominican old guys hook up with younger Dominican girls, have babies with them, pay for the babies they had with some other guy. I see it daily when they come in to register children at the school or make monthly payments. Dominicans are led by their little head as much as foreigners.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

Bingo

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

So let me get this straight these old wealthy men are wise because they take advantage of a young lady inability to take care of herself and her family????

Let me give you a bit of wisdom, any half ass man can take advantage of a woman it requires no talent. You think these rich old FOOLS in Santiago and Santo Domingo are the only men on the planet taken advantage of poor women or women that lack certain opportunities????

Dominican men treat their women like trash so why would a man from Greece arrive and treat them like a queen when that is NOT the standard protocol in DR.

Also there are FAR more many men from across the globe using Dominican women as sex toys then their are making them as wives.

To the OP do not read too much into what takes place on DR1 as reality in DR. Men fly to DR for cheap ass, but on occasion you find some looking for a bride and I would think the ones looking for a bride should be welcomed with open arms because they offer Dominican women a chance even if its a small one, unlike some of the Dominican man trash that is so respected on this board.

A wise woman told me once" You can tell a lot about a country and its people on how they treat the women" and she was VERY true.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
You guys are starting to make me think my girl is only with me for the house, car, Western Union money and the Visa so she could visit her brother in New York. Maybe your right about the 35 year age difference.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

dammit! Why couldn't you have extended this counsel to me 5 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.