I found a puppy on a street corner

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Friday I found a female puppy, about 7-8 weeks old on a street corner in Puerto Plata.

She looks like a German Sheppard but won't be that big, I'd say medium size. She was infested with fleas so I gave her a treatment (Frontline) and now the fleas are gone. The problem is that she has a bad diarhea, and even with regular puppy food and rice, it's still going on today, Monday. Also she is always wet at her bottom, like feces leaking. My question is, is there a shelter in Puerto Plata or around where I can get here so she could be treated and adopted by a good family??

I can't keep her since as you know, I have 2 himalayan cats that are not realy friendly with dogs, plus I live on a 3rd floor appartment.

Thank you.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
Cant help much...but you could try getting the right advice from Rescatame (contact via F.B) they will know where to take her I am sure.
Good luck to a very kind person

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
That's what I tought at the beginning and was the first thing I checked on Wikipedia, but she is not vomiting and she is not dehydrated so I wasn't sure anymore. Must be internal parasites. If not, and it's parvo, she won't survive cause death rate is VERY high in puppies.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
There is a veterinarian on 27 February (just up from Clinica Hernandez and the big Claro office). Her name is Heidi and she helps with rescues sometimes. It might be worth dropping by to see what she could do...

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Yes I know her, that's where I go for my cats, Marcella is my Vet. Thanks for the information.