47 story building built without elevators. Oops

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you read the original articles in Spanish the elevator shaft was installed but was too small because the buildings were made larger when the contractor was changed. The architects quit but not because of the elevator shaft but because of other issues. The project is still a fiasco mostly because it was built in spite of the worsening recession.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I want the Penthouse and 47 people to carry me and my stuff. chop chop is what in Spanish?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's plastered all over the internet as not having shafts/ elevators.

I read the article in spanish but you really don't know who to believe.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Here is the original article.

Los arquitectos dejan al rascacielos residencial m?s alto de la UE sin ascensor

Here is a plan showing the 3 original elevators planned for each tower from Skyscraper City in 2011:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=87075044#post87075044

ImQqa.jpg

Here is a blog showing 1 elevator of 6 serving the structure.

In Tempo, tocar el cielo en Benidorm | De vacaciones y puentes

Last edited:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
It didn't happen actually, the design included elevators, see the plan above.
yes, but the elevator are for 20 floors that was the original project then they changed to 47 floors building and keep the same size elevator for one of 20 floors. Taller buildings needs biger and trong motor elevators.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
yes, but the elevator are for 20 floors that was the original project then they changed to 47 floors building and keep the same size elevator for one of 20 floors. Taller buildings needs biger and trong motor elevators.

Yes, but the elevator shafts were built which is not what the article implied.

At any rate they are functioning according to the blog I posted. This appears to be a poor example of journalism and nothing more.