Killing in Vista Del Caribe

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Apparently, a young Haitian was murdered last night in this area. Sounds like an armed robbery gone bad.
It appears that violence is escalating everywhere. It just seems to me that only certain areas get commented on or even reported. This is not a rumour starting expedition, it came from someone who was there and heard the gunshots and the aftermath of this young man dying in the street. May he rest in peace and may his killers be brought to justice.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Apparently, a young Haitian was murdered last night in this area. Sounds like an armed robbery gone bad.
It appears that violence is escalating everywhere. It just seems to me that only certain areas get commented on or even reported. This is not a rumour starting expedition, it came from someone who was there and heard the gunshots and the aftermath of this young man dying in the street. May he rest in peace and may his killers be brought to justice.

Sorry to hear of more crime and violence. IMO, the problems appear to be spreading. Can you tell us where Vista Del Caribe is and perhaps the type of homes/community? Thanks.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Hasn't that area always had issues? I believe it has, its out on its own and non gated if I am correct.

arnold67

Aug 29, 2012
This news was confirmed by residents. Young Haitian security guard was killed in an attempted robbery. Lots of people say: enjoy Encuentro during the day, spend the night somewhere else.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

If you live here and have an interest in what is happening, you have to get used to research DR media.
You may get scared more than you already are.
If your spanish is not up to par use google translate.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Tambo,
You disapoint me - you really dont get it - same as Ken. We are all targets and things are getting worse. This was a real tradgedy and the facts will come out and as I said before I do not want to detract from this tragic event.

Olly and the Team

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Unfortunately, improving security doesn't seem to be a priority around here at the moment,
Roads need paint,tourists need to be scared away, bars need to be closed and chicas shooed away etc.......
Which, oddly enough, may be partial cause for the increased activity lately...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Sorry to hear of more crime and violence. IMO, the problems appear to be spreading. Can you tell us where Vista Del Caribe is and perhaps the type of homes/community? Thanks.

Tell me about! Crime is spreading like weed! Just a few hours ago some craze on crack tried to break into my next door's house and was met by the guy's two rottweilers... Needless to say I had to get the dogs off the guy for the deputies to seize him.

Lucky me I used to feed the dogs some treats each time I could when I got home. You know, to make them friendlier to me.

They heeded my commands flawlessly. Police initially was under the impression they were my dogs, until I explained I was the next door neighbor.

Guy got chomped nastily... He wasn't worst because he admitted keeping frozen when he noticed each time he tried to move the dogs would sink their teeth on his limbs.

I'm honestly thinking of getting a rotti pup soon after seeing this stuff up close.

There's no more "safe" areas in Orlando to speak about... Crazy!
Can't wait to move back to Jarabacoa's hills!!!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Hey Pichardo. Nice to here from you. So.... Dominican Cops are working your neighborhood in Orlando also?

Sorry. I just couldn't resist a little spin of my own. Thought you moved back here full time?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
He thought he was posting on FL1.com

FL1.com. F.B. Twitser and twoot? I get into enough trouble right here.

But you can guess that I'm on a horse forum about gated horses and Dominican Paso Finos. :) We talk about horse thieves.

Sorry OP. BACK to the topic.

Feb 25, 2013
If you live here and have an interest in what is happening, you have to get used to research DR media.
You may get scared more than you already are.
If your spanish is not up to par use google translate.

WTF are you babbling about ? A young man is murdered, and this is all you have to say or contribute ?

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
WTF are you babbling about ? A young man is murdered, and this is all you have to say or contribute ?

Typical DR1 thread redirection of sorts. However, IMHO, the security guard died in the line of duty. Different than murdered.

When residents need to increase security, it is a reaction to the fact that their security was inadequate to begin with.

"A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." BF

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003

Sorry Spicedwine for going off topic.

Their is a huge difference in every way when something tragic and confounding hits you or right next to you. The impact and the importance of what you just experienced is at times over whelming.

Those that have not been close to this type of experience tend to not be able to grasp those feelings of such an experience and really don't know how to respond.

I hope that they never have to learn, but that does not excuse insensitive remarks.

As always, if I can help... let me know.