Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Santo Domingo Restaurants

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santo Domingo Restaurants

In this case, the search button wasn't my friend. It turned up oodles of info, much of it old and lots of broken links and there doesn't seem to be current info.

Tonight is the last night I'll have an opportunity to dine at a restaurant and wanted to make it memorable, not necessarily expensive. I'm staying in the colonial zone but I'm not limited to the area. I am open to virtually anything, Dominican or not. In my stay this time and last month, I ate at mostly touristy type places, i.e., Adrian Tropical, La Briciola, Meson d'Bari and another one on the Malecon whose name eludes me. Frankly, the only one that stood out was La Briciola.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always wanted to try Pat'e Palo and La Taberna Vasca.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

For a last night option Pat'e Palo is a great option.

Santo Domingo Restaurant, Pat'e Palo, A European Brasserie

The owner's girlfriend is nicknamed Peg.

4. Likes pollogringo, waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gas View Post
    Tonight is the last night I'll have an opportunity to dine at a restaurant and wanted to make it memorable, not necessarily expensive. I am open to virtually anything, Dominican or not.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    This place is always crowded so the food is fresh. The later you go, the more memorable it will be: https://foursquare.com/v/grands-cafe...57a593ca43ac15

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Viajero View Post
    This place is always crowded so the food is fresh. The later you go, the more memorable it will be: https://foursquare.com/v/grands-cafe...57a593ca43ac15

Paco's/Grand's is not exactly fine dining hermano!
    It's a "cruising spot" with greasy spoon diner food.

7. Likes rice&beans, Dandman, Celt202, KJS73, HIRAM liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to mexico city and asked a mexican friend about restaurant with good food, he said to me, if you see that is crowded its a good food, so I say to you the same, but here are right pate palo is a very good one, but i will sugest you El Conuco in Gazcue, real Dominican food there, you have the option to buy a buffe or a la carte.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    i will sugest you El Conuco in Gazcue, real Dominican food there, you have the option to buy a buffe or a la carte.
    I like El Conuco cause they have a salsa lady that spins on a bottle for entertainment.

10. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I try and stay away from the Capitol. But damn near every Italian restaurant I have ever eaten at in the DR it has always been a great experience. And no, I am not Italian.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Right off Maximo Gomez up from the Us consulate next to the Texaco station is Cappucino's which is my favoirete resturant in SD . Home made pasta and great steaks .. best italian. main dining room opens at 7. but if it is your last night pate Palo always gets rave reviews.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to beat the Cowboy Fillet at David Crockett. I think it is the best steakhouse I have ever eaten at including Ruth Chris and the other big names.

14. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast