Santo Domingo Restaurants

gas

Jul 28, 2013
In this case, the search button wasn't my friend. It turned up oodles of info, much of it old and lots of broken links and there doesn't seem to be current info.

Tonight is the last night I'll have an opportunity to dine at a restaurant and wanted to make it memorable, not necessarily expensive. I'm staying in the colonial zone but I'm not limited to the area. I am open to virtually anything, Dominican or not. In my stay this time and last month, I ate at mostly touristy type places, i.e., Adrian Tropical, La Briciola, Meson d'Bari and another one on the Malecon whose name eludes me. Frankly, the only one that stood out was La Briciola.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I went to mexico city and asked a mexican friend about restaurant with good food, he said to me, if you see that is crowded its a good food, so I say to you the same, but here are right pate palo is a very good one, but i will sugest you El Conuco in Gazcue, real Dominican food there, you have the option to buy a buffe or a la carte.

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
I try and stay away from the Capitol. But damn near every Italian restaurant I have ever eaten at in the DR it has always been a great experience. And no, I am not Italian.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Right off Maximo Gomez up from the Us consulate next to the Texaco station is Cappucino's which is my favoirete resturant in SD . Home made pasta and great steaks .. best italian. main dining room opens at 7. but if it is your last night pate Palo always gets rave reviews.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
It's hard to beat the Cowboy Fillet at David Crockett. I think it is the best steakhouse I have ever eaten at including Ruth Chris and the other big names.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
For a memorable experience: El Conuco. For excellent food: Pate Palo. The latter you can eat anywhere in the world, the atmosphere in El Conuco is one of a kind. My recommended plate there: El Nido Pollo Merengue.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Unpretentious, very popular Italian - La Lasagna, Gustavo Mej?a Ricart just before the intersection with Lope de Vega
Traditional Dominican - El Higuero - Avenida Anacaona, Parque Mirador Sur boating lake
Middle Eastern - Falafel, Calle Sanchez/Padre Billini, Colonial Zone

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I have a recommendation from a tour guide for a nearby Dominican restaurant. Cheap and very good supposedly - mimosa's. anyone hear of it? Otherwise, the recommendations sounded great.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I have a recommendation from a tour guide for a nearby Dominican restaurant. Cheap and very good supposedly - mimosa's. anyone hear of it? Otherwise, the recommendations sounded great.
Yes, they do typical Dominican food, including sancocho. Everyone who goes there raves about it.

May 12, 2005
It's hard to beat the Cowboy Fillet at David Crockett. I think it is the best steakhouse I have ever eaten at including Ruth Chris and the other big names.

I would have recommended Davy Crockett as well. And there's always the place in the cave.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

I prefer Don Nestor steak , eat there every week, good Argentine cooked on the parilla!