Bella Vista Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
Has anyone been to Bella Vista Mall lately?
how is the mall doing? Do you like it?
considering Sambil and Agora are relatively close.
it was a few years back one of the better malls (imho)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Went to Sambil recently and it was rather empty. Agora is hit or miss.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
Sambil has no supermarket, seems to me the malls here need a
nice supermarket as an anchor. Bella Vista has El Nacional.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are there any items available in these malls that you could not have shipped directly to you at a lower price by ordering from Ebay or Amazon? I find the markups on name brand goods to be unreasonable here when I can import quantity one for less than the price of an item in a store here. That could help explain part of the reason for the "vacant mall" situation.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I order a LOT of my kids clothes from Amazon.
I order my "Over-The-Counter" medications from "Walmart", and "CVS".
I can get a bottle of "Ibuprofen" there for the price of a few of the "Onesies" they sell here!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Sambil has no supermarket, seems to me the malls here need a
nice supermarket as an anchor. Bella Vista has El Nacional.

Sambil does have a supermarket. (Super lama)

Btw of all the new malls Agora is always full.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
We should join forces as expats and order stuff from amazon / best buy / Gymboree together to share the transportation costs. What stops me from buying online sometimes is that I have to pay EPS as well and the shipping fee of Amazon.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After spending $25 dollars on "Amazon" the shipping to my EPS warehouse in Miami, Fl.can usually be free.
Just be sure the item is shipped from the "Amazon" warehouse.
BEWARE of other shippers low price for an item, their shipping cost can be many times more that the cost of the item.
They use the very low list prices to suck you in.
Then KILL YOU with shipping cost.
You MUST check their shipping cost before the final, "Buy" click!!!!!!
Many of us from the USA, mostly East Coasters where there are Dominican Cargo Expediters,pack boxes for shipping here when we are in the USA.
The boxes are charged by size, Not by weight.
I have my online purchases sent to my sister's house in Lynn, Massachusetts.
I have the empty DR bound shipping boxes delivered there for shipment.
I pack the boxes, "Cesar Cargo" picks the up at my sister's living room.
The next time I see the boxes is when they are delivered to my living room in Santo Domingo, about 30 days later.:D:D:D
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Just get Amazon prime. $80 a year and you get 2-day shipping on everything for free, as long as it is shipped or fulfilled by Amazon.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Bellavista Mall suffered a case of bad timing. When it opened it was the most modern and prettiest mall in SD, with the best movie theaters. Unfortunately for them, Acropolis opened around the same time with a much better location, and then the flurry of malls (Blue Mall, Agora, Sambil, etc, all well located) made Bellavista look outdated. For me, to think about going south of Av. 27 Feb to go to a mall is a waste of time and fuel.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm too cheap to pay for "Amazon Prime".
Since my "So-Called-Life" consists solely of PI$$ing people off on DR1, and online shopping, I have time to find the "Fee Shipping" products I want, but don't really need.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
It seems that nobody gets it? The malls are NOT for shopping! The malls are to sniff the new perfumes worn by many of the beautiful chicks that go there. It's a chance to practice your moves, or have a cappuccino and watch some of the action walk by. I only spend money in the mall as a cover. I usually by a shirt or shoes that I can get cheaper in NYC just so I can talk to a few babes. It always works out. I sharpen my skills, and pass a little time. If your a cheapo gringo, I will be happy to loan you one of my bags and you can stuff an old shirt in it

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
It seems that nobody gets it? The malls are NOT for shopping! The malls are to sniff the new perfumes worn by many of the beautiful chicks that go there. It's a chance to practice your moves, or have a cappuccino and watch some of the action walk by. I only spend money in the mall as a cover. I usually by a shirt or shoes that I can get cheaper in NYC just so I can talk to a few babes. It always works out. I sharpen my skills, and pass a little time. If your a cheapo gringo, I will be happy to loan you one of my bags and you can stuff an old shirt in it

How old are you??? All I know you better be around 18 to 25 wait I will even give you 27, but if you reply you are in your 30's, 40's or beyond you and I need to talk.

I think I was 15 or 16 when I started using the mall to find girls, but once I hit 23 it was over.

BTW You do know picking up women in malls are for kids.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Bella Vista may be a dud during the day but it has the night time on lock with two of the best clubs in Santiago, some cool bars and a nice movie theater. At night this place happens.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Amazon shipping is free without paying for prime when you chose the option allowing 5-8 days for delivery within USA. I buy a lot and usually it is faster than 5-8 days anyways. I also doubt that shipping will be free with prime when the merchandise comes from a third party merchant which often charges an additional fee...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JMB" picking up girls, ANYWHERE, at ANY age,is a good idea!
"Malls" are great, cause the girls are young.
It also gives the girls an easy excuse to tell their mother why she is late getting home from school.
It's also very cheap.
Clubs can cost you more in "Drinks" than all night with a great "Hooker".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Status
Not open for further replies.