Hotel in Cabarete

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Cabarete? Not top-end prices. Sometime near the end of september. Probably prefer all-inclusive.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I always stay at the Viva Wyndham Tangerine. I've stayed there 7 times, and I love it. It's a 10 minute walk on the beach to get into Cabarete.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Hotel Kaoba centrally located, right across the street from the beach, very nice, if you want better prices they have much better ... about 40-50$ per night. Only problem was I had a guest sit with me at their pool for 1 hour one day and when I checked out they wanted to charge me the 2 person price for the week.. had to argue with the European manager for 30 mins and we compromised on the final price.

May 29, 2006
I agree on Hotel Kaoba. They have plenty of options including some quiet cabanas. AI's are bad deals to begin with and Cabarete has plenty of good bars and restaurants.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Hotel Kaoba exist no more, everything is down.
Viva Wyndham Tangerine is one of the best.
Or Villa Taina.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
What are you talking about? I was just at the Kaoba two weekends ago.

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
I'm hopefully buying a small hotel in Cabrete soon. I hope you check it out..Thanks

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I like Kaoba too, and those little caba?as behind the main building are great value at $30/night. Great wifi, AC, dog friendly.

Only problem was I had a guest sit with me at their pool for 1 hour one day and when I checked out they wanted to charge me the 2 person price for the week.. had to argue with the European manager for 30 mins and we compromised on the final price.

I had day guests, overnight guests, guests with dogs - was never charged anything extra.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Velero Beach Resort in Cabarete actually does have some super deals for September, because they are renovating their pool, making it a totally ceramic tile bottom with about 200 fibre optic lights embedded that will be ... nice. Prices for September are 25% - 30% off or more. Just look at Trip Advisor and compare. #1 for 3 years running, and for a good reason.
If you're looking for cheepy cheepy, look at Ali's Surf Camp or Kite Beach or Kaoba or La Alegria or San Souci and a myriad of others. Go to FB and see "Cabarete restaurants, etc." or other sites. You want quality? Compare to fit your budget.
Velero or a couple of others for quality experience....otherwise, you're bottom fishing, which are suitable for budget travelers.

Ladytrvlr

Oct 20, 2013
I've stayed here in a inexpensive bungalow. I was lane so didn't need all the fancy stuff. I just needed a shower, bed and sink. Lol. I'm a nomadic wanderlust used to staying in hostel and pensiones so staying in this bungalow was fine for me. I was across the street from the beach. In the evenings, there are restaurants that set up on the beach with candles as their regular seating. Great atmosphere some with a musical vibe. Nice. I fell in love.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Last year went to la alegria for a couple of days, it was ok, no beach to speak of u have to walk down a bit. Enjoyed it even if cabarete is a bit on the expensive side...