Two new cures

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
My significant other just told me about two miraculous medical cures.
1. FOR RIDDING YOURSELF OF WARTS...Throw rock salt into a fire and run away fast, so you can't hear them pop. Leave someone to listen for the pop of your rocks. If you heard the pops, your warts will stay, but if you didn't hear when your pop your rocks, the warts will disappear, in a week or so.
2. Curing Mumps, seek out a Bruja with a large mortar for pounding coffee beans the mortar should be large enough to fit over your head when you lie on the ground. Put your head in then the Bruja then beats the pot and the Mumps disappear.
I asked her if these cures worked, she was too young to remember, but she tried them both, because her mother said they would work. I still laugh when I think of her laying on the ground with a giant wooden pot on her head and an old hag beating it till her ears rung. THE QUASIMOTO EFFECT.:surprised

MJP35

Feb 5, 2013
LOL! Haitians have a similar one about the mumps. I got the mumps while in Haiti. (Even after getting vaccinated) I was told to wrap my swollen face in a sheep's skin put my head over a large mortar and 'bah' like a sheep three times. Then the mumps would go away in three weeks. The word for mumps in Creole is 'Mal Mouton' which is literally translated to bad sheep I think that's where they get all of the sheep business.

The best part is I went to an american educated doctor for consult. He said there's nothing to treat it and that it would go away on its own in three weeks!?! LOL!!! Needless to say I didn't bother with any of the Haitian 'cure'.