Street food

Status
Not open for further replies.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Hi,

I am filming a promotional video there will be content about street food. I am looking for place where I can find really tasty food. I am already visiting a couple of chicharr?n spots, and one good chimi place. Does anybody have any suggestions? It must be road side. No establishments like Bara Pay?n.

Thanks

May 29, 2006
Watch the No Reservations on the DR. Beaches on Sundays have some very good vendors. For street food, I like the Chicken Carbon and Tostones..

Beach vendor on Playa Sosua.

1933_1090694305080_5078_n.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
At the north end of the new toll road on #5 - across from the ISLA station - almost 10 vendors there

Turn left 50-100 yds off the toll road

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
Hi,

I am filming a promotional video there will be content about street food. I am looking for place where I can find really tasty food. I am already visiting a couple of chicharr?n spots, and one good chimi place. Does anybody have any suggestions? It must be road side. No establishments like Bara Pay?n.

Thanks

plz the info on the chimi and chicharon spots...

las cruceras de ocoa (~crossroads) are famous their sweets, I have had dulce de leche and dulce de guineo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
plz the info on the chimi and chicharon spots...

las cruceras de ocoa (~crossroads) are famous their sweets, I have had dulce de leche and dulce de guineo

Yes! That little "phone booth" at the entrance to the highway - out of this world dulces in several flavors. You order it by the pound, and can ask for an assortment. Mouth watering!!!

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I know these street vendors are hard working and need the bucks but if there is any potential that they have touched the stuff i don't touch the stuff

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You are so right... I only order the booze these days

Here's a true one. Restaurants........

On a recent visit, my friend found the toilet clogged...
he advised the owner, who swung swiftly into action ...

Don't watch, says he..... as he scoops his hand in and pulls out the clogging toilet paper from the bano..

We ordered our drinks, said our thank you' s and left....

True, true, true....

Didn't bother me much, but it weirded my friend out.....

We don't return much.......

Dec 26, 2011
Villa Mella is good for chicharrones.

And there's this guy in Cienfuegos(Santiago) that has some mean morcilla and orejita and other tastily prepared offal.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
why when i eat out every bathroom dont have soap and i guess with street food they dont have any either. if you are looking to stay on the can all day for 3 days eat the street food

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Ok,

Not familiar with the dulces, how do I get there from Santo Domingo? The Chicharron spot is on las Americas highway on the way to the airport. There are 2 guys, in different spots. They have the best product with this great salsa I have had. Crispy sticky chicharron with citrus salsammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ok,

Not familiar with the dulces, how do I get there from Santo Domingo? The Chicharron spot is on las Americas highway on the way to the airport. There are 2 guys, in different spots. They have the best product with this great salsa I have had. Crispy sticky chicharron with citrus salsammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Take the Santo-Domingo Bani highway west.

When you reach Bani, you'll have to make a right, then a left, around the park, everyone in front of you will be going the same way [this happens right after you cross the bridge - watch for signs that say 'Azua/Barahona', etc]. After you make the left around the park, just keep going, another half hour or so.

Good fast highway. Probably find some other street foods on the way :) Watch signs, you'll pass a very large parada [like a strip mall, like a food court] and at the next corner is the turn to go up to Ocoa. At that corner is all sorts of dulces. Right in the middle of the road, as you make the turn, is a booth, try theirs. Yum.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Don't forget to try the Yaroah and hotdogs in Santiago, the hotdogs being more like a hero with all the stuff they put in them. Also, although not as common as they used to be, try to get some Riqui Taquis. I would recommend a place that's right next to Hache and in front of the big Gallera knwn as el "2", though I can't remember the name of the place right now.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
You still havent shared your finds!

I will share with the best empanada spot in Rd is you share too... The empanada is different than the dominican/puerto rican empanadas or colombian... Colombians are still the best

Hi,

Thanks

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Best Chicharron in Santo Domingo so far I found is on the Highway las Americas right after you get on Americas its the first overpass. The guy has a grill, and he has very good cuts of meat. What's really good about the whole thing is the Salsa he has. Its some kind of Agriadulce . Composed of Lime and other really bitter and sweet flavors that accent the meat, and actually bring out more flavor. The other guy is above just before you hit the over pass. His meat is just as good, but he usually doesn't bring enough salsa. I will make the video available on you tube. Now to the chimi. I have gone all over, the best place is really the one Lincoln, but since My segment is only street side vendors, I have to go with the guys on the Malecon In front of the park. I have had the most consistent mystery meat there each time. Nothing spectacular but always pretty good. good energy there and a fun experience. I will make my way to the other spots above as well. Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.