jetBlue sale

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I didn't check other cities, but tickets from JFK to Samana, Romana, Santo Domingo & Puerto Plata are all on sale for a month if you buy tickets by tomorrow. For example, JFK to SDQ is $209. Caveat --- the sale prices don't seem to apply for the return trip to JFK, though it was only $227 in the few itineraries that I tried.

JetBlue | The Book-Smart Sale

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
AZS is $175 for the best price then $205 for the next one...... $380 R/T for late September

Very good deal..... I got that last week on a 'no sale' day.....

Those prices held all thru October too - for the most part.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I just had a look at the prices for October to Orlando not bad at all, just shame that the taxes are almost as much. Oh well... thanks for the tip gas!

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Just bought Flights to JFK. Cost $564 return. Leaving 6th Nov and returning 4thJan. This is not an outrageous price??

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not bad -- I bet its the Jan 4th that boosted the price...... stay a bit longer and it might come down.

you have 24 hr to change for free

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Not bad -- I bet its the Jan 4th that boosted the price...... stay a bit longer and it might come down.

you have 24 hr to change for free

I agree. I had the same problem with our return - we're going down in December and coming back the week after Easter. We always like to stay for Semana Santa. We're coming home the Friday because Saturday was $100 each more. Normally we'd stay longer, but have to get back for a bridal shower [son getting married, not one I can miss].

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
I didn't check other cities, but tickets from JFK to Samana, Romana, Santo Domingo & Puerto Plata are all on sale for a month if you buy tickets by tomorrow. For example, JFK to SDQ is $209. Caveat --- the sale prices don't seem to apply for the return trip to JFK, though it was only $227 in the few itineraries that I tried.

JetBlue | The Book-Smart Sale

Its not bad, but Last year I bought 6 flights in september for other months, for 299.00 each. Jet blue from JFK. I had also scored very inexpensive business class flights from Newark on United. I paid 850 for business/first class round trip. Airfares are more expensive now since there is less competition because American cancelled the route. I did see Delta for 406 round trip a few weeks ago(nonstop) Now they are offering 386 for 1 stop. But once you have miles its hard to change airlines. Jet blue is one of the better airlines because of the late night flights and early morning departures from SDQ.

United is running a decent fare 486 round trip from Newark. Good deal because there is less lines at customs and less hassle for sure.

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
I booked a flight on Delta for the end of the month , for 1 week , from JFK to Santiago roundtrip for $402.00 ( land at 1230pm ) . The same ticket for the same day on JetBlue to Puerto Plata came out to $462.00 and land at 4:00pm . I don't mind the 30 minute drive to Puerto Plata

Apr 13, 2011
I booked a flight on Delta for the end of the month , for 1 week , from JFK to Santiago roundtrip for $402.00 ( land at 1230pm ) . The same ticket for the same day on JetBlue to Puerto Plata came out to $462.00 and land at 4:00pm . I don't mind the 30 minute drive to Puerto Plata

Do you have a car? Just wondering, because the taxi cost from Santiago (and back at end of trip) could eat up that $60 savings... though others will know current taxi costs, from Santiago to Puerto Plata, better...

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
Do you have a car? Just wondering, because the taxi cost from Santiago (and back at end of trip) could eat up that $60 savings... though others will know current taxi costs, from Santiago to Puerto Plata, better...

Yes , I do own a car. A friend will come get me and Ill do the driving to Puerto Plata . The thing I will miss about JetBlue is the Directv , lol

Apr 13, 2011
Yes , I do own a car. A friend will come get me and Ill do the driving to Puerto Plata . The thing I will miss about JetBlue is the Directv , lol

Having a car and friend to pick you up makes a big difference.
Yeah - I like JetBlue for the TV on the back of the seat - though the DirectTV cuts out after Florida - but at least they allow you to watch the movies for free from Florida to the DR... :)

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
Having a car and friend to pick you up makes a big difference.
Yeah - I like JetBlue for the TV on the back of the seat - though the DirectTV cuts out after Florida - but at least they allow you to watch the movies for free from Florida to the DR... :)

Thats the best part of Directv - the cutting off after Florida. That means you have approx 30 minutes for the initial descent , lol

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I hate driving to JFK from south Jersey , I wish Jet Blue would fly out of Ewr. I even can't the shuttle from Toms River because the flights depart so early. So I am stuck with United. I have to say I dislike the Untited merger.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I hate driving to JFK from south Jersey , I wish Jet Blue would fly out of Ewr. I even can't the shuttle from Toms River because the flights depart so early. So I am stuck with United. I have to say I dislike the Untited merger.

I hear you loud and clear. That drive is awful and I'm further south than you are. We're trying United for the first time next trip, out of Newark

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
That's all I fly! Do you know about the shuttle from Toms River? If not p.m. me and I will email you the link. Its worth the $42 to me.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Saturday to Tuesday R/T jfk to POP $462,end of sept... not bad, better than the $527 I originally booked it it for