Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure (Instructions)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlues View Post
    My medical results were lost last week so I have to return to Santo Domingo. The medical was only an xray, is that the only required test?
    Blood test and pee

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

To those who are posting about the medical, were you doing a renewal of temporary residency? I posted the original instructions September 2013, right after I renewed my temporary residency.

Unlike permanent residency renewal, temporary residency renewal does NOT require a medical (unless things changed). Please clarify so as not to confuse people who are renewing "temporary" not "permanent--which is what this post was about.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Expat... I'm waiting on info from my attorney, but he told me that things became more complicated this year for renewing temporary residency

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please do let us know for sure. I was ready to head to SD this month to renew my temporary residency with these great instructions, but now I am worried about the medical exams slowing things down and meaning two visits to SD. If anyone knows for certain whether this is required for temporary res renewal, please let us know as soon as you can.

Also, Expat, in the instructions for the criminal record check, the link didn't work. Are there locations I can get that done along the north coast (closest to Cabrera?) or is that done in SD as well? That is the only other thing I am worried about making sure I have beforehand, but the rest sounds very straight forward and do-able! Thanks again for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat-in-Cabarete View Post
    To those who are posting about the medical, were you doing a renewal of temporary residency? I posted the original instructions September 2013, right after I renewed my temporary residency.

Unlike permanent residency renewal, temporary residency renewal does NOT require a medical (unless things changed). Please clarify so as not to confuse people who are renewing "temporary" not "permanent--which is what this post was about.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please, let us know if they changed the procedure once again! Mine will be up for renewal in August.

The URL for the Criminal Records page changed since I posted it. Here's the new one:

www.gob.do - Certificación sobre antecedentes judiciales

I got mine in Puerto Plata last year -- 2-hour wait.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is not temporary but I think all the new rules are the same.

My first wasa 2008.... renew every 2 yrs
    New rules this year, yes Travel hippo, two trips...

one for the medicals, etc, second for the issuance

much of a pain.....
    no way around it, they say..... Guzman doing it for us

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when I renewed my temporary, my husband renewed his permanent residency. His renewal required a medical, mine did not. You can pay a lawyer to renew your permanent residency, but honestly, my husband did his while I was doing mine and it was a breeze. The only difference was doing the medical and coming back two weeks later. Indeed, two trips for him. Total cost of his ** permanent ** residency renewal: USD$208 -- including medical and VIP.

I apologize that I never got to post instructions for permanent residency renewal at the time (although I did a draft) and I won't do it now if the instructions and procedures changed. Anyone who reads Spanish and wants to check the document immigration gave us at the time can check it out here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy66s11mm2...wal%20list.pdf

If someone confirms the procedure remains the same as in August 2013, I'll be glad to post the instructions in English.

8. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my second temporary last week,- no physical for me! My friend applied for renewal of permanent,- he had to do a physical and has to go back in 2 weeks to complete the process. I speak no Spanish, my friend speaks enough to get by. We did fine on our own without a lawyer or helper. Freakish zoo like atmosphere there but somehow it all gets done. My friend fantasied about hiring an O&M company to smooth out the process and paint lines on the floor to show you where to go-----

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh perfect. Thank you for sharing. So glad to hear this. My husband and I will go there in a couple of weeks to do the temporary renewal without a lawyer as well. At least it is just a one day visit to that place now that we know the medical won't be needed. Wish us luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pularvik View Post
    Got my second temporary last week,- no physical for me! My friend applied for renewal of permanent,- he had to do a physical and has to go back in 2 weeks to complete the process. I speak no Spanish, my friend speaks enough to get by. We did fine on our own without a lawyer or helper. Freakish zoo like atmosphere there but somehow it all gets done. My friend fantasied about hiring an O&M company to smooth out the process and paint lines on the floor to show you where to go-----

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the place you go to renew residency / cedula the main immigration on the malecon in SDO or do you go to the other place near the monuments where you walk up 2 flights of stairs and they give you the new cards there.

I went to 2 places but need to know where to go for just the renewal of temporary residency

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast