PreCheck Airport Security

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I have been using precheck for over 4 months. I use it at JFK and FLL with Delta. I am neither Global Traveler nor NEXUS but I am Platinum medallion with Delta and they sent out an email about 5 months ago, asking me if I wanted to opt in

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, the article says that certain 'high miles' or preferred flyers are chosen by the airlines..... you must be one.

The Global Entry allows you faster re-entry to the US and Canada - worth getting when you have time.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I have PreCheck and Global. Best thing ever. Get through security in Atlanta in less than 2 minutes from arriving at the terminal. When come back in to the country it's never been smoother or faster. I would recommend GE for anyone that travels internationally.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I have really procrastinated on the Global entry application...Thanks to you William, I just did it online :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good -- I can count you as my second convert:bunny:

BTW, the gov't wants people to enroll in this program - keeps their labor costs down.

My last entry into JFK - the line was up to my rampway off the plane (for foreigners)... 3-4 hours , they said.
The US line was an hour or so
The Global Entry line?? Not one person = straight through....

Hallelujah ..... I'm a Cdn citizen
My wife's recent flight from SDQ to Australia would have been impossible w/o GE.... and as Cdns , we are allowed to access the US line.... still, the connections were too tight