Need to ID a song

Kevin_s

Sep 11, 2013
Ok so i just got back from Sosua and i heard this catchy song a few times, its got i think one or two guys singing in it and the part that stand out is the girl that sings the chorus she has a real soft voice and all that she says is "na na na nanananan" lol not much to work with i know but i hope someone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
use Shazam on a smartphone when you listen to it again.

Or google a few lines from the lyrics and it'll come up.

I mean, if you're not a spambot, that is...

Kevin_s

Sep 11, 2013
Im not there n e more and i didnt have n e data on my phone but its a pretty popular song so hopfully some can help

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't know n e songs like that except na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye by Bananarama and others! :classic:

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Nothing worse than getting something floating around in your head and not being able to flesh it out.
I can't help you with the song but your post stirred a memory.
Lying in bed one night, doing a little tossing and turning.
A tune was running around in my head. I couldn't put my finger on any lyrics, the title or the artist.
I knew that I first heard the song in the nineties...Haha.
Not much to go on.
Anyways I hauled myself out of bed and sat down in front of the "you know what".
LOL.......Within about half an hour I had my song.
Thank God I finally came around to computers, they are a great back-up for the the brain....Invaluable!!
I feel your pain.
Good luck with your search. :classic:

NYWadjet

Jan 3, 2010
This post is hilarious .....

Ok so i just got back from sousa and i heard this catchy song a few times, its got i think one or two guys singing in it and the part that stand out is the girl that sings the chorus she has a real soft voice and all that she says is "na na na nanananan" lol not much to work with i know but i hope someone can help.

You can try Castle's suggestion or the Soundhound app.

Kevin_s

Sep 11, 2013
Its a spanish song and its on the radio constantly if its a dominican song or some other spanish song n e ways its popular if theres a site where i can see the top 50 songs played in DR resorts or on the radio im sure ill fined it

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Try youtube with what lyrics you have, see if she pops up..At least you will get a list..I have one too, for Months!!! it has no lyrics, almost sounds like Frankenstein by Edgar Winter...Great tune, just never can find it...

Good Luck

Ant.

Kevin_s

Sep 11, 2013
I tried to google n youtube it with many different key words and noticed a million other ppl trying to find it in different forums with no luck

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Pop the radio on....LOL...But, I think you had a great idea before, top 10 tunes in the DR right? Try the web and/or youtube again...You can always find the new top lists on YT

I tried to google n youtube it with many different key words and noticed a million other ppl trying to find it in different forums with no luck

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Try sticking your head in the toilet bowl and hum it and then flush, sometimes the song just pops out like a stuck stool.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
If you have an iPhone/iPad then install the app Radio Dominican Republic. Gives you radio stations throughout the country.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Obviously the world would be without forums and DR1 if it weren't for millions of people searching for songs they heard during a hypnosis state on Pedro Clisante.

go2dbeach

Mar 3, 2012
Corfu island
Ok, it's my turn to search for a song. I used to hear it on a radio station -Mania fm it was- about 2002-2003, so it's not a new song. The rhythm was salsa but not very up beat (it was more like salsa romantica). The only I know is there was the word Domingo, as the last word on the second line of the refrain , maybe Santo Domingo.
I tried to search for it on youtube, but several songs about Santo Domingo came up and were not 'my' song.
I know I didn't help much, as I didn't speak spanish then, I couldn't keep more words on mind..If anyone understood which is the song I'm here to listen (even advice including toilet bowls). Thanks..

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Nothing worse than getting something floating around in your head and not being able to flesh it out.
I can't help you with the song but your post stirred a memory.
Lying in bed one night, doing a little tossing and turning.
A tune was running around in my head. I couldn't put my finger on any lyrics, the title or the artist.
I knew that I first heard the song in the nineties...Haha.
Not much to go on.
Anyways I hauled myself out of bed and sat down in front of the "you know what".
LOL.......Within about half an hour I had my song.
Thank God I finally came around to computers, they are a great back-up for the the brain....Invaluable!!
I feel your pain.
Good luck with your search. :classic:

My first trips to DR all Merengue sounded the same. Couldn't even tell difference between salsa and Merengue. Finally one song I could remember "regres a mi". Only because it was using the melody of Toni Braxton "unbreak my heart lol.
Then there was a merengue that I really liked but no idea title or group. I hummed it to a dominican friend and he said it was Sin Fronteras. I ordered 3 CDs from internet, and NONE of the songs were the one I wanted. However I had heard 80% of their tunes including "regres a mi" which was them, so I was happy and had a favorite merengue group. . .lol.

Year or so later I hummed the music to an amiga and she said it was Manny Manuel. It was. So I bought his CD.