water park

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
We've heard lots of different stories about Los Delfines, the new water park near Juan Dolio. The consensus seems to be that it's expensive (U$50) per person and not all that great. Since we live in Santo Domingo, I'm thinking we can save the drive and have just as much fun at less cost at the water park in Santo Domingo across from the aquarium. Anyone been to the park in Juan Dolio or perhaps both and can offer an observation ? ?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
We've heard lots of different stories about Los Delfines, the new water park near Juan Dolio. The consensus seems to be that it's expensive (U$50) per person and not all that great. Since we live in Santo Domingo, I'm thinking we can save the drive and have just as much fun at less cost at the water park in Santo Domingo across from the aquarium. Anyone been to the park in Juan Dolio or perhaps both and can offer an observation ? ?

Yes, its US$50.00 and include the lunch and the access to the water park, here is the website you can call and confirm the info, a friend of mine called and told me that.

Here is the webpage for the park Home

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Saw the Pres. on TV today officially opening the park. Guess it is new enough that not many people have tried it. What I have heard is that although the entry fee includes some food that is mediocre you still have to pay extra for some things though I don't know what. Would like to hear from someone who has been there.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I hope the water park is better than the website. My son was making better ones when he was 9. hehehehe

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
AUTOVIA DEL ESTE, KM. 11, GUAYACANES,
SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS, DOM. REPUBLIC
Email: INFO@LOSDELFINESPARK.COM
Home
TEL. 809 475 1124

Looks great! The above I pulled off their site if you want to just call....Seems there is a VIP package, so I bet that 50 pesos only gets you in and not into the pools etc..Odd thing is, the site is in English, that there peep2 I'm sure is part of the problem why not so many people have gone...Their marketing Manager should be fired..

Thanks for posting this!!

Anthony

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Aaaaah Okay, that helps!! Okay, so it may be all included then...Maybe I will see about going next Month, need a good break have some fun!! Does anyone care to make a run together?? Back in the day we always did that with Great Adventure, had about 40 of us, drove out to Jersey from NY, what a blast!!

It's US$50, not RD$ 50...

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Waiting on her sister to see if she will sell it to us instead of her friend...Moving in a few days anyways, so she will have to wait until next Month if not

So i guess you're not getting a bed. Makes me sad.

Last edited:

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I realize this is an exercise in futility but................Has anyone been to the waterpark in Juan Dolio ? Can anyone give us a firsthand report ?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
It seems to be really popular, nobody has been there. lol
$50 = RD2000+, isn't that like Disneyland ;)
Its about half as much as Disneyland and probably 1/100 of the fun.

How do these people expect to keep this park in operation charging $50 bucks a head??? They're going to run out of hijitos de mami y papi who can afford it real soon. I refuse to hand over 50 dollars to go down a slide.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
So i guess you're not getting a bed. Makes me sad.

Haha I thought the same thing. 50 USD plus whatever else you end up spending is the downpayment to Antonia's bed. I can see now why her family is on her case...priorities...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Might not last much longer. DR1 news last week:

Writ against Los Delfines Park
A court in San Pedro de Macoris has authorized a writ against the Los Delfines Park in Juan Dolio for more than RD$27 million that the contractors are allegedly owed. This park is described as the largest water park in the Caribbean. The hearing will be on 1 October and the case has been brought by Italian Elio Di Bartolo, Elvi Perdomo Calderon, Vicente Montilla and Stephane Hellmeans, via their lawyers Richard Alfredo Rosario and Jose Luis Guerrero.

According to the contractors, the Gobela group that manages the park had agreed to pay nearly RD$25 million as stated in the contract signed on 30 April this year, but this has not been paid. They have issued a writ for this amount plus interest that caused the Gobela group's bank accounts to be frozen although this has now been lifted.

As well as the Gobela group, the writ includes Hakan Sidki Senaltan.

Demandan pago de $27 millones parque diversi?n - ElNacional.com.do

Apr 10, 2006
A bunch of people in my husband's family said they were going to go last month but no one ever ended going.

The price does seem to be a lot. I hope the $50 includes unlimited alcohol! Are children $50 too? Crazy.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am shocked at this development. :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember the very small "amusement park" in SDQ on the way from the airport years ago. My memory is foggy but I think it was en ex pro wrestler that developed it. Can't remember if it was on las americas or ave espana it has been so long.

May have even been the same owner as "booties" on malecon and the other on san vincente. Come on JDjones. . . ..you remember.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Wow, are these gringo prices? If these are everyone, every day prices no exceptions i would love to go. Never had a whole water park to myself before.