Is there some organizes Football (Soccer) for kids in PC - a club maybe?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My 10 yr old needs to get away more often from his computer :).

He did Baseball and got bored, same w/ Basketball.

Is there a Football school / club or something like that in PC / Bavaro with a coach and organized training schedule etc.?

Err, no way to edit title? (organizes into organized)

Last edited:

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
My 10 yr old needs to get away more often from his computer :).

He did Baseball and got bored, same w/ Basketball.

Is there a Football school / club or something like that in PC / Bavaro with a coach and organized training schedule etc.?

Err, no way to edit title? (organizes into organized)

Already he's tired with those sports? The kids of today have all the luxuries and its very difficult to get them outdoors. I don't know what the world would be like in the next twenty years.

They are also more obese than we were growing up. I hope you find an organized program because soccer isn't the ideal sport in the DR. I always found that to be unusual being of Spanish descent. Then again, Puerto Ricans aren't either. Only the Central and South Americans.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I'm German, my son has soccer in his genes. ;)

We watch Football at home not Baseball or Basketball, maybe that's why and b/c Daddy is a fanatic. :)
Baseball hasn't enough "action" for him.

Luckily he isn't obese. No problem there.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is one here in PCV which my son attends, with Prof. Jorge Silega - I can find the contact details for you, and Claudio Parrella in B?varo: ACADEMIA DE FUTBOL CLAUDIO PARRELLA. B?varo – Punta Cana (829) 647-4487 / e-mail: claudioparrella@gmail.com

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I'm German, my son has soccer in his genes. ;)

We watch Football at home not Baseball or Basketball, maybe that's why and b/c Daddy is a fanatic. :)
Baseball hasn't enough "action" for him.

Luckily he isn't obese. No problem there.

Well I am more a fan of the English Premiere League but every so often I watch the Bundesliga. Congrats on winning UEFA cup. Football is the number one sport in the world hands down.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Lol. Bayern Munich is my team. I liked even more the win against Chelsea than to win the Champions League! It was a sweet revenge :D

Well I am more a fan of the English Premiere League but every so often I watch the Bundesliga. Congrats on winning UEFA cup. Football is the number one sport in the world hands down.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Lol. Bayern Munich is my team. I liked even more the win against Chelsea than to win the Champions League! It was a sweet revenge :D

Yeah revenge is a dish served cold. I remembered the game where Drogba had fouled Robin in the box and he missed the penalty kick. Later, it was Drogba kicking the final to put Chelsea over.

I saw the look on Angela Merkel's face and it pretty much summed up the collective feelings of the Germans. Hey the US head coach is German also. Go Germans...:)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Hey the US head coach is German also."

Yeah, that's the one who failed as Bayern Coach... but seems he does a decent job now in the US.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
"Hey the US head coach is German also."

Yeah, that's the one who failed as Bayern Coach... but seems he does a decent job now in the US.

Probably because American football is perceived as collegiate while the Europeans are viewed as professionals. Soccer here has to compete with football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, horse racing, NASCAR, Indy, etc. :)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes it was van Gaal, he implemented the basics, Heynckes perfected them. Pep Guardiola needs to top it. :)

I am positive for this season will be a successful one again since Robben is NOT insured this time of the year, which is somewhat rare :D must be a good omen!

I want to believe it was van Gaal who made the team ready to win the champions league.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yes it was van Gaal, he implemented the basics, Heynckes perfected them. Pep Guardiola needs to top it. :)

I am positive for this season will be a successful one again since Robben is NOT insured this time of the year, which is somewhat rare :D must be a good omen!
The man of glass..I hope they will keep him fit for next summer.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Already he's tired with those sports? The kids of today have all the luxuries and its very difficult to get them outdoors. I don't know what the world would be like in the next twenty years.

They are also more obese than we were growing up. I hope you find an organized program because soccer isn't the ideal sport in the DR. I always found that to be unusual being of Spanish descent. Then again, Puerto Ricans aren't either. Only the Central and South Americans.

Sorry you are in Punta Cana because there is organized soccer in Jarabacoa.

hogy

Jul 7, 2012
Yes, there is something like a school with a certified Soccer Trainer from Argentina called "Chikus yard" on the area between Carabella and Barcelo Dominican Beach. The adress is Av. Alemania 9. Look at Facebook unter "chikusyard". Cost per month is 1.000 RD$ with 3 hours per week training. In case of question drop a line to chikusyard@gmail.com