Amateur baseball leagues/ winter season

WinnerCircle

Sep 14, 2013
Hello, I am hoping to find a baseball league to play in the Dominican. When do the amateur seasons start? How
many games in a season? How much are the fees? I am hoping to go there in January and stay until April or June depending on how well it goes.

Any information anyone has to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Where are you located?? I have a friend, his son is very good, so good that a scout has consider major leauge for him when he is of age...They live in SD, I can get the info for you or perhaps, ask if you can contact him directly via his number, his name is Ramon..

Let me know

Anthony

WinnerCircle

Sep 14, 2013
How old is his son? I am 30, and while I'm currently still pretty athletic, I'd feel awkward playing for a team of 16 year olds for
example! haha.

If there are any websites for the league he plays in, perhaps that could be of some help.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
LOL..I get that, but he may know of other clubs or I'm sure his son does..his son is 16

WinnerCircle

Sep 14, 2013
I'd be interested in speaking with him. Which places are less expensive there? I saw a 2 bedroom online for $550 a month, fully furnished and really nice. Is this a good price for the Dominican Republic?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The only thing I know is Club Los Prados but I think that is a softball league. That is pretty popular here.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Okay, please send me your number and I will give it to him, his name is Ramon...As for an apartment, are you looking in SD as well?? 550.00 is huge!!! you can get a 2/3 bedroom for 250.00 or so, with Balcony, 2 baths, 1-2 parking, and most will have a maids room which translates into another bed/bath, so its like getting a bedroom and extra bath free, but the bath is a bit small, usually like a 1/2 bath but has a shower..Let me know about that as well, and I will call Ramon first on your behalf...Also, if you don't have a car right now, he happens to be a taxi driver, so you would be all set..

I also have a good friend that is a Realtor, but better if you can find something and save that fee...At any rate, I can provide his info as well for you amd he has a website to boot..and...American, but speaks fluent Spanish

PM me

Anthony

I'd be interested in speaking with him. Which places are less expensive there? I saw a 2 bedroom online for $550 a month, fully furnished and really nice. Is this a good price for the Dominican Republic?

WinnerCircle

Sep 14, 2013
Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I am still strongly considering the dominican, but I cannot see anything in terms of men's amateur leagues online. I know they have pro teams playing all winter though.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
WC, I guess it depends on what you call "amateur".
There are many amateur leagues, usually company teams that play against other company teams. But I don't think you will find any website about them, as they are not really taken seriously even by the those who play. Stats and stuff are usually not collected. It's very much about fun. I guess there must be some independent leagues around, but I honestly have never heard of any.
I think your best bet would be to visit any of the fields where leagues play and find out how to join any of the leagues.
Softball is much more popular in terms of playing for fun.