Visa to Australia for a Dominican

rutxy

Aug 15, 2013
Hi,
I would like to know what i do need to get an Australian visa?
I am dominican, i do have a job, and i do have money in a bank account, and i also have a car.
I am 23, and i would like to visit my boyfriend in Australia, can someone help me with this?
Thanks!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Best bet is to call the Australian embassy

not a bad idea... or a visa agency.

to no surprise, RD is not on the list of 'Apply Online' for a visa

she needs to hook up with the Embassy or an agency... I still worry about the US touch down

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
When I was looking to travel to New Zealand, I found a flight that went from Santo Domingo to Auckland with just one stop. It was with LAN Chile with a change in Santiago. If I recall, they also fly to Oz. Might be worth looking at that kind of option rather than messing about with transiting thru the US.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There are few options thru SoAmerica... but that's one....

That would be the other Santiago you refer to -- Chile, huh?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That would be the other Santiago you refer to -- Chile, huh?

Yup, that's the one! I don't think a Dominican transiting thru Chile would have half as much trouble than going thru the US and their ever so friendly immigration officers. Why you need to go through the whole process of getting a full visa just to spend an hour or so on American soil is beyond me!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Agreed..... shorter by a bit too.... the southern route... my wife's trip was a killer...

without NEXUS/Global Entry, she never would ahve made it

rutxy

Aug 15, 2013
Thank you all of you who is trying to help me.
This can be helpful for someone who needs this kind of information, as have been looking in the web, have not found much information.
I did send an email and this is the reply i did receive:

Thank you for your interest in Australia.

With regards to your enquiry, all the documents you are required to present with your application that are not in English must also be accompanied by an accurate English translation of each of those documents. When applying for your visa from outside Australia, and having documents translated outside Australia, it is recommended that you use a professionally qualified translator of your choosing.

The Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream is for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends.

The application form corresponding to this visa is the form 1419. To access the relevant form and document checklist please refer to the following links:
www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1419.pdf
www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/_pdf/600-document-checklist.pdf

The Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream offers an online option depending on the nationality of your passport. To view the list of counties or regions those are eligible to apply on line please visit the following webpage:
Online lodgement Arrangements for Subclass 600

If you will be travelling with a passport from Dominican Republic, then you will need to apply using a paper application form.

As you reside in Dominican Republic, please send your application to our High Commission in Ottawa. The mailing address is:

Immigration and Citizenship Section
Australian High Commission
Suite 710, 50 O?Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 6L2
Canada

For information on application charges, please refer to our Visa Pricing Table:
Visa Pricing Table

To determine the fee amount in your local currency, please use the Visa Pricing Estimator:
Visa Pricing Estimator

Payments using credit cards will be processed in Australian Dollars (AUD) only (MasterCard, Visa, AMEX, Diners, and JCB). If you are choosing to pay by credit card we would suggest that you contact your credit card company to advise that you are expecting an international charge from Australia to avoid any problems with the payment being processed.

Please note if your credit card is in a currency other than AUD, the amount charged will be at the daily credit card rate plus any bank charges.

Payments made by money order or international bank draft must be in Canadian dollars and be made payable to ?DIAC?.

Please note that postal money orders must be drawn on a Canadian financial institution.

Our Visa Office in Canada will be issuing label-free visas for all visa applications. Therefore, instead of your passport, please submit a photocopy of the bio-data page of your passport certified by a Notary Public.

The length of stay granted will depend on the purpose of your visit and your personal circumstances.
Family members who want to travel to Australia with you must lodge separate visa applications..
For further information on the eligibility requirements for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600), please visit our Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) web site at:
Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

It is important that you lodge a complete application as this will assist in reducing processing times. Please note that processing time starts from the time DIAC receives your application and is in addition to any mailing or delivery time. Additional information may be requested once an assessment of your application has been completed. Please note our average processing times below:
Client Service Charter

We strongly recommend you do not make any firm travel arrangements until a visa has been granted.

We hope this information has been of assistance.

Regards,
Americas Service Centre

Does someone here knows professionally qualified translator?, or Do you recommend me to look for one in Elance?

Thank you all of you for trying to help

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am sure that your English will be able to translate what they want... just birth documents and so on...

If not , yes, you will get help here...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Australia has come a long way, socially. i remember in 1964 my uncle wanted to go see the land down under, but they would not issue visas to people of color.

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
Just got a visa for my grirlfriend to visit New Zealand. Sent all forms, passport and itinerary to NZ consulate in California and was back in a within a week. Planning on going the Chile route with direct flight to NZ.
I am sure Australia would be similar, but best to get your boyfriend to sponsor you with flights etc. The NZ visa had a separate form for
financiall support while visiting there. I tryed to get the visa in NZ, but was told must apply to nearest consulate or embassy to the DR.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Australia has come a long way, socially. i remember in 1964 my uncle wanted to go see the land down under, but they would not issue visas to people of color.

Wow,..... my daughter says that Sydney is inundated with Asians.... great food / restaurants.

And expensive....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wow,..... my daughter says that Sydney is inundated with Asians.... great food / restaurants.

And expensive....

as i said, it has come a long way. the human spirit has triumphed. praise the force. my late uncle had no greater dream in his life than to see Australia. he was a rampaging homosexual, with very little interest in life beyond seeing the Great Barrier Reef. the Australian immigration guys outright told him that they did not issue visas to blacks...back then.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Indeed that's a story.... a very male society -
my daughter says that oftentimes, in the movies, the men will sit on one side, the girls on the other.

I find that hard to believe.... as I do your story... unfathomable in today's world but there was considerable racial strife in the 60's.

Let's not derail this girl's trip

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Indeed that's a story.... a very male society -
my daughter says that oftentimes, in the movies, the men will sit on one side, the girls on the other.

I find that hard to believe.... as I do your story... unfathomable in today's world but there was considerable racial strife in the 60's.

Let's not derail this girl's trip

i hope she will enjoy it enough for herself and my uncle.

rutxy

Aug 15, 2013
Just got a visa for my grirlfriend to visit New Zealand. Sent all forms, passport and itinerary to NZ consulate in California and was back in a within a week. Planning on going the Chile route with direct flight to NZ.
I am sure Australia would be similar, but best to get your boyfriend to sponsor you with flights etc. The NZ visa had a separate form for
financiall support while visiting there. I tryed to get the visa in NZ, but was told must apply to nearest consulate or embassy to the DR.

Did you buy the ticket before applying for the visa?, what others documents did you send in your application?