Edenorte Update

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hello,

Just wanted to get all who helped up to speed on the final outcome since I was called today from Santo Domingo..

Those bills of 25,000, 6,000 and 9,000 has been reduced down to 6,500 as a total for 3 Months which is the average of 2,166 Pesos...I bit more than we always consumed but I'm okay with it! I agreed to pay this next Month, just glad its almost over with..The next thing is the landlord who has held my deposits because of this..I'm hoping to get that money back asap, we need it pretty bad since I had to lay out money for the current apartment we are in..

Overall, even if Edenorte cut the electric, we are no longer there, but I doubt they would do that..Also, for some reason, they changed the meter again...Now that intrigues me!! Why? They changed the meter upon inspection the first time, stating that it was shorted out..My argument was, what caused it to short in the first place? I suspected the cable which they did not change...Now I wonder if the meter shorted again and they did finally change that cable...Hopefully I will find out...I still need to get my light bulbs (Bombillas?) and it turns out that Antiona did want her books..See D, told you..LOL..Kidding..need to get those too, apartment looks brand new for we cleaned it very well..

Going to take a good look to see if the cable was changed or it may be just another victim later...However, we suspected that the landlord was stealing our electric as Edenorted suggested as well upon inspection, but no proof..

All that said, I have some very good connections at the Edenorte Corporate level..Should I post that info in case others need help?? If so, where?? It should be made a sticky if so..

Thanks for all the help!!!

Anthony

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Hello,

Just wanted to get all who helped up to speed on the final outcome since I was called today from Santo Domingo..

Those bills of 25,000, 6,000 and 9,000 has been reduced down to 6,500 as a total for 3 Months which is the average of 2,166 Pesos...I bit more than we always consumed but I'm okay with it! I agreed to pay this next Month, just glad its almost over with..The next thing is the landlord who has held my deposits because of this..I'm hoping to get that money back asap, we need it pretty bad since I had to lay out money for the current apartment we are in..

Overall, even if Edenorte cut the electric, we are no longer there, but I doubt they would do that..Also, for some reason, they changed the meter again...Now that intrigues me!! Why? They changed the meter upon inspection the first time, stating that it was shorted out..My argument was, what caused it to short in the first place? I suspected the cable which they did not change...Now I wonder if the meter shorted again and they did finally change that cable...Hopefully I will find out...I still need to get my light bulbs (Bombillas?) and it turns out that Antiona did want her books..See D, told you..LOL..Kidding..need to get those too, apartment looks brand new for we cleaned it very well..

Going to take a good look to see if the cable was changed or it may be just another victim later...However, we suspected that the landlord was stealing our electric as Edenorted suggested as well upon inspection, but no proof..

All that said, I have some very good connections at the Edenorte Corporate level..Should I post that info in case others need help?? If so, where?? It should be made a sticky if so..

Thanks for all the help!!!

Anthony

I wouldn't post your contact info. If someone needs help let them pm you for the contact info.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey WG,

No, but that would have been my next step only because I got that info a bit late in my thread. Mrs Acosta out of Santo Domingo did it all, she's a great person to have on your side when things like this happen...I mean really, who could have 3 open bills that total 40,000 pesos and still kept your lights on once she got on it...Amazing!! These electric companies in the DR will cut you for owning 2 pesos. But, I did go without electric for a while there and I hated playing tag with them! I did connect myself after getting so tired of it, but their truck would come every Morning and just cut it again..But after that committee of Edenorte folks came over (7 people) I never lost electric again, been about 3 weeks now and its still on there..and they agreed to wait for payment until next Month to boot?? Whoa! I'm glad, because I could have been still there if they decided to cut it until I paid the final agreed amount of 6,000 pesos, awesome!! and that there is justice because we never did anything wrong, so I feel very good about this.

Thanks for checking in on us :)

Anthony

Glad to see it worked out. Did you work with Protecom to help you?