just my luck- picked up a "stalker"

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
Do they have orders of protection here? dating a woman for a few months here, relationship is intimate but the girl seems to be rather overly obsessive- example- knocks on the door for hours, has no idea of " boundaries", I explain " hey I'm just going to take it easy today rest, watch TV" hour later she's knocking on the door,
I have also noticed she is subtly manipulative, I can?t seem to get out of this without moving out of the city or going back home, what?s a fellow to do?

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Hmm tricky one i've had some stalkers to before :p fking leave you see me ignoring you stop knocking my door.

Have a friend open the door with his wife and kids, acting like you moved out and they moved in LoL and then hope she never will see you again

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Send her to the cornfields:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_C34g5mz1ZQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or blow her up:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HY-03vYYAjA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Have you tried discussing the situation with her and explaining that her actions are annoying?

Have you told her you no longer want to be in a relationship?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Is there a language issue?
Or when you say she knocks on the door for hours, is it really just minutes and maybe you are exaggerating just a little?

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
If you are sure you are done with her, find a local policeman, give him a gift and have him talk to her. If you don't make a clean break, these women will try to latch on to you. Be firm but nice and be honest with yourself and her and then get help.
Works for me. Good luck.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have NO experience with this being married for over 35 years. I was taught and learned my boundary's a long time ago. :)

Let your NEW girlfriend answer the door and let her take care of this. ??? Sorry. Unless she learns, understands and changes I don't think that you can do anything that will stop her. Even if you did get a restraining order, who is going to enforce it and you risk her now obsessive behavior of a jilted lover.

Do you know any of her friends that might be able to help explain things to her? Perhaps she has a brother that would be sympathetic to your situation?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Knocking at the door..?? God, my friend Ramon did that!! and all of the time! I would be in the shower and BAM BAM BAM..What the hell is that??? went on and on..Finally, got so annoyed, put a towel on and went to the door...Ramon!! Next time call before you pound on my door like that..Or, call while you're here at the door if I don't answer..So, my friend does that too and its very annoying if I can't get to the door..he's a bit heavy, so his knocks are tenfold ....now I'm here in PP, so no worries now..LOL

Great guy etc, maybe its just manners??? she is not realizing it?? A woman stalker?? Well, my ex was a nut, use to spy on me so, just be careful..

Anthony

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Do they have orders of protection here? dating a woman for a few months here, relationship is intimate but the girl seems to be rather overly obsessive- example- knocks on the door for hours, has no idea of " boundaries", I explain " hey I'm just going to take it easy today rest, watch TV" hour later she's knocking on the door,
I have also noticed she is subtly manipulative, I can?t seem to get out of this without moving out of the city or going back home, what?s a fellow to do?
Let her see you with another girl. She will understand and move on to the next guy.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

how does she looks like?

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
Is there a language issue?
Or when you say she knocks on the door for hours, is it really just minutes and maybe you are exaggerating just a little?
No seriously, just yesterday she knocked on the door in a consistent manner from 5-8 PM until I finally opened the door and was like " WTF??!!" she did not seem perturbed or take notice of my frustration

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
how does she looks like?
she is actually rather attractive and on a personal note quite the domestic and great in bed, but I'm wondering now if the "price" is to high to pay. Several times now I’ve have taken her home after a day spent together, and then once in a while on the way back to my house I will take the " long way" home (smoke a few cigarettes without disapproving looks from the ‘novia’, check out life in the DR from a comfortable bar stool and a cold Presidente or two ) just to find her sitting on my door step when I get back in, and in response to my “What the hell??!!" she states " oh, my country is dangerous and I became afraid for you when you did not reply to my whatsapp texts.”

I tried to break up with her one evening a few weeks ago (because I do not like feeling ‘suffocated’ in a relationship) and she would not leave my home at my repeated requests, but instead she burst into fevered tears, and kept saying " por favor, por favor" I immediately felt like a jerk ( a woman’s tears will do that to me on occasion) so I relented… she does not seem to understand the word “ boundaries” in a relationship, when I try to explain to her about the term and how i feel, it simply does not compute for her, and I have to put aside the thought “okay, am I crazy???”

quite frankly I am feeling somewhat uncomfortable and insecure in my home wondering when that next knock on the door is coming and how I have no choice in the matter..... really, WTH have I gotten myself into???

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
take it or leave it

the later option means dissapear, no phone talk no police no nothing, go to another town for a while, if she find you, at the most say you got sick etc
during the mean time make sure you have proof she has been with another man during the mean time

[dominican women usually dont seat and wait for you to return]

dont you ever get into any argument with women, or anyone

been there done that

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
tears only from her?

you are lucky... I had a few who tried to kill themselves after being rejected verbally or just suspected of another girl... they tried to 'impress' like drop like dead on the floor, or worst... tried to kill me using hitmen, bite and beat me, etc etc

disappear is the only or best option

some how, for some reason you are too good for her and she is not going to leave you, no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.