how much do you know about sosua?, the north coast

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Empiric,
I find this era interesting and it was a great event but it seems to eclipse the previous history of UFC and what happened in the early 19 Hundreds. The earlier history is very interesting too for Sosua!

Olly and the Team

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
I'm surprised DR1 does not say much about Sosua recent history, being 'inclined' to the north coast.

Do they still sell Sosua cheese all over DR?

Those german speaking citizen were the original producers, i think, of the round/ball shaped cheese,

so they are still coming to sosua/cabarete,

did i mention germans at la Mulata holding a lot o $?. No, I did not mean that :)

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Olly,

UFC?

Ultimate Fighting Championship?

dont take from granted that I know anything, all I know is that Iknow nothing... :)

acronyms? I forget most of them real quick

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Empiric, I guess you dont know much about Sosua if you dont know what UFC stands for !

Olly and the Team

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
BTW, did you know Trujillo send war ships to Germany to fight against Hitler?, after all T, "el jefe" was on his way to become, or already was, one the richiest man, sort of a modern Gates or Slim, but with more power...

and that Hipolito, 2000-2004, send troops to Irak, to get some 'points' with Bush, imho.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Olly, you probably right, did I say i know about sosua or anything else? again, all I know is that I dont know much of anything,

do most people on this forum know UFC?

raise your right hand! ... and type something :)

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
caribmike,

sorry for an incomplete history, so me back to the history books,

I understand that Hitler for sure destroyed some 3 DR ships, DR declared war prior to that

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Can't find anything on Google.

Wikipedia states rather confusing, but seem to confirm: :confused:

"Dominican Republic[edit source | editbeta]
Main article: History of the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic declared war on Germany and Japan following the attacks of Pearl Harbor and the Nazi declaration of war on the U.S. It did not directly contribute with troops, aircraft, or ships, however 112 Dominicans were integrated into the U.S. military and fought in the war. In addition, 27 Dominicans were killed when German submarines sank four Dominican-manned ships in the Caribbean.[14]"

Participants in World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.hoy.com.do/opiniones/200...nicanos-lucharon-en-la-Segunda-Guerra-Mundial

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
caribmike,

no source in "black and white" yet, will have to call my brother in law

he and other people told me, since i was a child, a whole bunch of real stories and they knew what they were talking about

all the stuff went to my hard disk in my head and still there, but not as organized files :)

before it is too late I am recording, voice, everything that comes to mind, to eventually try to come up with something that makes sense, an ebook?

i know stuff from trujillo era that nobody knows... not that they care, but my grandchildren may

my celphone is my recording device, with me all the time...

a good device to keep a diary, really, not typing with all the emotions etc, then transfer to pc, and make sure do a backup

to be released in a 100 years, as it may content clasified stuff LOL

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Empiric, Derfish,

UFC = Unitet Fruit Company AKA Chiquita, AKA Dole

Olly and the Team

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
now time for some beer and dancing

btw a extremely young, university student, and beautyfull german girl is just desesperate to dance with me, not tonigh, but in abut a week, so she said in an email yesterday, she is back in my town from germany !!!

am I lucky?, I have met at least 4, but this one is driving me crazy, she dance like no one, good I mean,

so, see you later, forget about ships for now ...