Paspoort

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
My girlfriends pasport is good until 15/02/14 :) now she claims she cant leave the country because her passport isnt good for 6 months ? I thought it was to enter the country.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Is it her paspoort, pasport, or passport you are looking to renew?
Just renew it, it's really not that big of a deal.
Eventually it will expire.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
If she leaves a country

doesn't she have to enter one too? It is probably there where she need more than 6 months!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
My girlfriends pasport is good until 15/02/14 :) now she claims she cant leave the country because her passport isnt good for 6 months ? I thought it was to enter the country.

Take another look....
If her passport expires in 15/02/14, then she should have no problem travelling.
Haul out the calculator. ;)

Oops...I just took my own advice. As a crazy Canuk I read the expiry date to be Feb14, 2015.
Sorry.
Unless of course it is a Canadian passport and my calculation is correct.
Haha....:)

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
I know :p its still good but SHE thinks they will not let her leave the country with less then 6 months left. As you need to have to enter here or in states :) to me i dont think so cuz she is traveling to our own country:p traveling to belgium with a belgian passport with 4 months left on it :p why would they care

Direct flight to brussels may i add so no need to pass usa where it would be an issue in my eyes

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
If she's traveling to her own country, she can't be denied exit. No country can stop anyone with a valid passport to go back to their own country.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I know :p its still good but SHE thinks they will not let her leave the country with less then 6 months left. As you need to have to enter here or in states :) to me i dont think so cuz she is traveling to our own country:p traveling to belgium with a belgian passport with 4 months left on it :p why would they care

Direct flight to brussels may i add so no need to pass usa where it would be an issue in my eyes

Does she have a visa to Brussels? I'm assuming she's Dominican. All countries say your passport needs to be good for 6 moths before it expires but if your ticket shows a return before it expires you should be fine. I know this from personal experience. :)

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
But do they stop you here ? In belgium to enter she can just show her ID card and her pasport is not expired for another 4 months or so .

and there is no consulate here to renew it so she can renew it in belgium :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
But do they stop you here ? In belgium to enter she can just show her ID card and her pasport is not expired for another 4 months or so .

and there is no consulate here to renew it so she can renew it in belgium :)

You might want to make it clear first where HERE is and of what country this girl is a citizen of. ;)

Thanks

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Does she have a visa to Brussels? I'm assuming she's Dominican. All countries say your passport needs to be good for 6 moths before it expires but if your ticket shows a return before it expires you should be fine. I know this from personal experience. :)

No she is from belgium like me :) a belgian with belgian passport no visa needed for your country of origin thats why i wonder why they would make a big deal out of it

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No she is from belgium like me :) a belgian with belgian passport no visa needed for your country of origin thats why i wonder why they would make a big deal out of it

That's better but who are they? I left Italy 1 month before my passport expired ( I'm a Canadian Citizen) returning to Canada and on last check before boarding I was told my passport was expiring the following month. I said thank you I plan on renewing it when I got to Canada. No problem

I was more worried that I would not be able to enter Italy but certainly not worried about leaving the visiting country

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't think she will have any problem. I can't see any reason why the officials here should stop her leaving. They only care that you will not arrive here in the DR on a passport with less than six months to run and end up overstaying with an expired passport. Nor will the officials in Belgium when she arrives there, if that is her country of nationality.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Yup , i called to the airline. As long as its not expired there is no problem. Shes convinced now :)

It can be closed now :)

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
You should have never listened to your girlfriend. She made you jump thru hoops for nothing.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
They are in the DR on Belgian passports. It's a non-issue.

I was checking in at Newark once, was behind a couple going to an AI in the DR and he had forgot the passports. It was extremely amusing to say the least. She was the Head of Their Household type, I thought she was going to kill him right there at check-in.