Live-in Maid/housekeeper needed in Punta Cana

We are a french family with two young children. Big house with garden. The house is in an excellent neighborhood, low crime area of Punta Cana.

We need an honest, hard working young (18-30) woman to live in, manage the household and bring the children to the park everyday. No drama outside of work, meaning no children or boyfriends calling all day and night. Would prefer someone who speaks some English or French, as we speak very basic Spanish, but I understand it is almost impossible to find.

Private entrance, queen sized bed, closets and full bathroom, with privacy.

Food and boarding are included. This is a two weeks on duty, two days off, but must be onsite by 7:30am the day she gets back to work.

Concerning salary, we've never had live-in helpers before, so it is hard for me to determine what is considered to be a good wage here in DR. I'll check with my friends in the neighborhood and also discuss on a one to one with whoever is interested in the job.

We need help ...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You can probably find a haitian help that speaks french.

The drama outside of work is the difficult part.

And what I notice lately is that it's difficult to get someone who really wants to work. I still don't understand why we need to have 1 lady for cooking and cleaning, 1 lady two days a week for laundry and if we would like the children to be looked after we would need a third one. I remember my mother doing everything when I was a child and I am one of six.

I have to agree with you. It is really hard to find someone who knows how to manage household chores efficiently.

I am by far the perfect housewife, but before we had our second child, the house was thoroughly cleaned daily no matter what. Husband never complained. The washing and ironing was done each two days. Prepared each meal. Home made food for baby. Stroller ride each morning and afternoon in the neighborhood. And still had time for my beloved husband at night :?) ... no maid, no nanny, no grand parents helping.

And now, with my professional career and a second baby, I need help.

So, we have from 7am to 4pm, 5 days a week, two Haitians - mother and daughter. Mother does the cleaning, daughter does the babysitting with my 9 months' old baby. Some people would think I should be happy.

But believe me or not, they are not able to do half of the things I used to do alone.

Reluctantly, I ended up doing ALL the washing and ironing.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you might need to be a bit more flexible... ours has two children and needs to take them to school and pick them up...

We roll with it.

Focus more on trustworthy and capable.... and compatibility ...

They are out there - but may have a little baggage

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
agreed to William.
and anyways, between the age of 18-30 years old, and No own children to take care off or a boyfriend jellously calling 10 times a day??? almost impossible to find, lol.
for a living in maid/cookie/nanny etc mix you may be better off looking on a elder Lady who's children are adults already/living out of the house, here you have the better chances that she has the needed experiences and is willing to do the different stuff all together while still taking care of your children.
and they tend less to have a bunch of jellous young boyfriends calling in day and night.
as for the french language, as stated above, a Haitian Lady would be your best bet, but anyways, you need someone already well known by a trusted person, as you would leave that person your house and kittens, a big responsibility not given to a stranger.
some spanish skills form your side/your husband's side would be very helpful to increase the circle of candidates significantly.

good luck

Mike