romantic destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska1986

I am looking to spend one week in 2 different locations (2 wks total) with my girlfriend(dominican) starting this sunday

I am looking for suggestions on an area that would keep us occupied and not extremely bored for a week. We like activities music nice views things like a beach, rivers, waterfalls are always a plus.

I am not looking to spend a fortune and would prefer something like an aparthotel where i could cook some meals in the house sometimes. As i understand it is still low season in DR so 40-50 anight would be my target budget (i paid that the other week in gran jimenoa in jarabacoa and it was a fantastic value)

Also please advise me on whether i would need a car in these places i currently have my rental car in santiago for a few more weeks.

Thanks in advance

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
From Santiago drive to Las Terrenas on the Samana Peninsula It's about 3hrs. There is a lot to do in the area and some of the best beaches in the country. Check out the tourist guide, www.samanaguide.com.

LTSteve

alaska1986

From Santiago drive to Las Terrenas on the Samana Peninsula It's about 3hrs. There is a lot to do in the area and some of the best beaches in the country. Check out the tourist guide, www.samanaguide.com.

LTSteve

thanks! can you recommend another destination to kill a week in.

im trying to figure out how much id spend in gas to las terrenas im driving a early 2000 honda crv. the drive from santiago to bonao and back was about 1000 pesos (including getting lost for 10 mins). my tank fills up at a little over 3000 pesos im thinking that will get me there..can you chime in on whether it is worth it to drive or should i just catch a bus, i dont mind driving just want to know if the scenery is worth it ive heard it is

thanks

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Asking for destinatons not to expensive on dr1 ( like dominican republic for u who are new......), and u propose the phillipean......
Eso rum!!!!!
Might need to get an xtra tank installed on ure honda if u follow gloomys advice......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Malko",....Drunk Already today???????
The "Romantic Vacation" was for 3 months ago!
Your RUSH to get to 500 posts does NOT MEAN you shouldn't read the threads BEFORE you post!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Jan 12, 2013
So true, didnt even notice the date......... its navidad by tradition u are supposed to be drunk!!!

malko

Jan 12, 2013
But I was answering glommys post that seem to have disappeared overnight( ?????) .
Or maybe I was far to drunk.......

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
But I was answering glommys post that seem to have disappeared overnight( ?????) .
Or maybe I was far to drunk.......

He was a spammer, so his posts have been deleted.

DR1 website has had a few problems the last few days. I'll be on one thread and it jumps to a different thread all by itself. May have happened to you the same.

Nothing wrong with DR1 fish.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might try Tim Hall's place up in Tubagua on the Luperon Highway (I would enter from the Puerto Plata side). You can go to beaches, hang in the cottages, walk around the hills.
Also, if you go to Samana, try to rent an apartment in town, they come pretty well equipped --rustic but certainly doable--I have spent weeks there with my 4 kids...it worked out pretty good.

Also romantic--Punta Rucia--there are some decent places to stay out there in your price range. Food at Elsa's is dirt cheap.

Also romantic--Camp David Ranch in Santiago, up on a hill over looking the valley. And there is a place (big white place--just above the Cafeto Restaurant) on the Jamao-Moca Road that is outasight gorgeous and romantic...

You have lots of choices...

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are many places and romantic destinations for the couples in all over the world but I like the most one which is The Greeck Island. It is a very beautiful and lovely place and very comfortable for the couples and for the lovers specially.Me and my lovely wife also going to this island for honeymoon.We have a great fun there....

Kyle, a bit of advice for you. If you want to stay a member here, keep your posts related to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.

Apr 7, 2014
Greek Isles is one of the most famous romantic destinations all over the world. Island’s shimmering turquoise blue waters are an attraction in their own right, and rustic mountains, bright sun, and delicious food attract honeymooners and seasoned travelers alike.

Who cares? WHo gives a bone about Greece?
=
Anyway...what about Nagua? Good beach town, although long ass ride on the bus. That was more than a couple of hours from Santiago. I heard HB mention something about Samana. I was thinking about an excursion to Nagua for a few days. I remember one hotel there but I thought the restaurant across the street sucked.

Anyword on MonteCristi? I heard that place was a nice beach town also.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Commander" even "WE" Dutch have a sense of the use of Sarcasm!
"M" was mocking the "OP"!
This is a "Night Of The Living Dead" thread, it just won't DIE!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Apr 7, 2014
Man, one only goes to Greece to butt-bone hairy women.

I wanna get some cheap ass recommendations for a romantic getaway. Emphasis on cheap not so much on romantic. So you know like "the way back seats on a Caribe Tour bus running to Santiago from Santo Domingo Oeste during the last trip of the day" I like that excursion. It has affordability, inexpensiveness, frugality and a traditional miser feel to it. Fine dining at the depot snack bar, you know, a hot dog and a pack of Oreo cookies.

But seriously, something interesting on a coastal pueblo for a few days is what I m looking for.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Look in Bayahibe, or Juan Dolio, even Baca Chica has some cheap hotels.
"PM: Frank R in BC!
Rocky's in Sosua in not too far from the beach, OR "Pedro CALIENTE"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Man, one only goes to Greece to butt-bone hairy women.

I wanna get some cheap ass recommendations for a romantic getaway. Emphasis on cheap not so much on romantic. So you know like "the way back seats on a Caribe Tour bus running to Santiago from Santo Domingo Oeste during the last trip of the day" I like that excursion. It has affordability, inexpensiveness, frugality and a traditional miser feel to it. Fine dining at the depot snack bar, you know, a hot dog and a pack of Oreo cookies.

But seriously, something interesting on a coastal pueblo for a few days is what I m looking for.

That will really impress someone by taking her to a CHEAP romantic get-a-way. Why don't you drive up to the Samana Penins
ula and then pick a beach and drive your car out on to it. When you get stuck in the sand tell her, I guess we will have to sleep in the car tonight, honey? That will get you laid without a doubt. If you can't afford it than stay home and take her to dinner at Ikea you cheap __b.

Status
Not open for further replies.