Hola :) new member intro...

Hi all, I've been lurking quietly on your forum for a few weeks now, getting used to the various personalities, and enjoying the banter. I decided to get signed up and introduce myself to you all, and maybe get some advice from you guys :cheeky:

About me: I'm a 32 year old Irish female, interested in travelling, diving, making homemade beauty products (will be looking for advice on where to buy things like coconut oil, essential oils, cocoa butter & cocoa powder), cycling (may want to buy/rent cheap crappy bikes if anyone knows of any going), walking, nature & animals, reading, chilling out on the beach with hubbie, Paleo/Primal/gluten&grain free recipes, Crossfit WODs, & getting healthier and fitter overall.

I'm currently living in Lanzarote with my husband, completing our divemaster internship. We will be moving to Punta Cana in late November to progress with an Open Water Scuba Instructor internship with Dressel Divers in the Iberostar Punta Cana and we so cannot wait to get there :bunny: ! Husband and I began diving whilst on our honeymoon in Punta Cana last year, so it's quite fitting that we are heading back there again this year :)

Nice to 'meet' you all, and I look forward to all and any advice you guys want to throw my way!

Ciglee xxx

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Welcome to DR1 - I know you are going to love it, slightly different to Lanzarotte! Where are you going to stay? In Iberostar?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I'd never heard of the Paleo/Primal diet so I googled it. Fascinating stuff.

First post and you're contributing to the knowledge base here.

Well done and welcome.

Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome from you guys :)

Eugeniefs, not sure where we will be staying yet - Dressel organise the accommodation for us, so we will have to wait and see. Will stay at the Cappuccino mare for our first week before we get started with the internship, so any recommendations on grocery stores/bars/places of interest within walking distance would be more than welcome :)

Celt202 I highly recommend the paleo/primal way of life - Hubbie and I have been on this since October 2012 and our health, happiness and overall fitness has increased so much since then. It's nice to feel healthy, and eat tasty food :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"ciglee",
"ALL Things In "Mod"eration.
Including, "Moderation"!!!!!!!
Have a Pepperoni Pizza and a few BEERS,once in a while!!!!!
Welcome to DR1.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Have a Pepperoni Pizza and a few BEERS,once in a while!!!!!

Hiya Criss,

I just can't eat/drink anything with grains in - otherwise I get very ill... and a slice of pizza is just not worth it :mad: but that's one reason we began paleo/primal in the first place, so I'm super grateful for the improvement in my health in the last year :)
On the plus side, I can indulge in lots of really nice things like grain-free pizza (much nicer than it sounds :D ), dark chocolate brownies, steak fried in butter, sweet potato fries, home-made coconut milk ice-cream. I don't like beer, but I do like and drink hard cider, wine, rum, vodka etc :lick:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good for you!!!!!!
The only thing I am allergic to is Hard Work!
That's why I feel right at home among Dominicans.
Which reminds me....
An American tourist went to the Colonial Zone with his wife to go shopping.
After about 10 minutes he told his wife, "I'll go in that bar and have a drink and wait for you.
He entered the almost empty place and sat at the bar.
He was the only patron, except for a very drunk Dominican man seated at the other end of the bar.
He got a beer.
After a few minutes a young, beautiful, sexy "Dominicana" came in.
She walked right up to the guy, and whispered in his ear, "How would you like a blow job"?????
He politely declined her offer.
She walked down to the drunk Dominican, and whispered in his ear.
He jumped off the bar stool, knocked her to the floor, grabbed her by the hair, and dragged her out the door, and threw her into the street!!!
As he staggered back inside the guy asked him what the girl had said that made him so furious???
"She asked me if I wanted a "JOB", he said!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
Welcome,nice to hear from another female expat!! Hubby and I are back for a longer stay after spending 13 years going back and forth to Canada. Renting a great place outside Puerto Plata and like yourself hoping to get back into a fitness routine and some local diving after an early retirement!
Good luck, enjoy your new life !!