nice river not to far from santiago

alaska1986

Looking for a nice river for swimming/bathing that is not too far from santiago. I have heard about rio fula im not sure ifthats in la vega or bonao. I am looking at going there today i understand there may not be alot of people there that is fine by me

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I recommend fula in bonao. They cook everything on a charcoal fogon. Food is so yummy. The river has some nice spots as well.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Looking for a nice river for swimming/bathing that is not too far from santiago. I have heard about rio fula im not sure ifthats in la vega or bonao. I am looking at going there today i understand there may not be alot of people there that is fine by me

acapulco 2 km east of la vega, really nice crystalline pool you can swim in..

alaska1986

thanks
..i checked out fula in bonao and highly recommend it the drive really wasnt that far.. they play music there and there are a couple spots to eat and buy drinks. just look for the brugal sign that says Fula its near a bridge..if you are coming from santiago you will turn right to enter the dirt road to the river. the water is calm and pretty shallow as far as i saw. parking was 50 pesos

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
There is one right in Santiago just a little past the university wass. Do not know the name.
Yesterday was a good day for the river.