Christmas

slb1

Jul 1, 2012
Is there any restaurants in the punta cana area that serves an authentic north american christmas dinner at christmas? Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy etc...

THANKS

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Isn't that a Thanksgiving menu? All the US Christams dinners I have been to are everything but turkey..........

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
Are you really talking about Christmas?? We are still in September and you have to wait another 3 months for Christmas?
Why can?t we have Christmas ONLY in December please? In every supermarket - especially in Price Smart they start with Christmas decorations already in August.. It is kind of depressing I think and when we actually reach Christmas I am sick and tired of green plastic trees and weird shimmering plastic decorations..
Sorry I got a bit upset - ha ha ha - hope you will have a nice Christmas dinner in 3 months...

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Seriously, it seems right after the 4th of July the Christmas stuff comes out. When I was young I remember if was after Thanksgiving that they would start with the Christmas decorations. Sorry to the OP for going off track...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
What if the OP wants to have Christmas dinner with a group of people, maybe employees. It would be about time to reserve.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
We are only a few days away from the month of October, so start making plans now. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.The days are going by so quickly.:)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We are only a few days away from the month of October, so start making plans now. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.The days are going by so quickly.:)

Yes and our Thanksgiving is only 17 days away. We have to have ours early before our little turnips freeze. :)

i think Rocky's has an American Thanksgiving dinner every year

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Yes and our Thanksgiving is only 17 days away. We have to have ours early before our little turnips freeze. :)

i think Rocky's has an American Thanksgiving dinner every year

That's right! You guys have an "early" Thanksgiving.:)

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Isn't that a Thanksgiving menu? All the US Christams dinners I have been to are everything but turkey..........

There is an old saying, "full of s___ as a Christmas Turkey". Bring on the Prime Rib, Ham, Lasangne, anything but turkey. Only a personal opinion.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Is there any restaurants in the punta cana area that serves an authentic north american christmas dinner at christmas? Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy etc...

THANKS

Where are you staying in PC. They may well have a nice buffet. Trust the ham in the DR more than the turkey.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I say, "As Full Of $HIT as a CHRISTMAS GOOSE"!
Not "Pavo".
In my American family, we always have basically the same meal at Thank Giving & Christmas.
Sometimes a Ham is added at Christmas.
Here, I do a huge Thanks Giving Turkey dinner.
On Christmas Eve, we have an oven roasted "Pierna", (Pig Leg") with all the "Dominican Trimmings", plus a few American "Sides".
Christmas day is no big deal, after the children's gifts are open that is!!!
One year, before I moved here, I lived in the Naco Hotel.
They promoted a "Traditional American Thanks Giving Dinner".
You had to pay in advance, many Americans did.
They bought "Smoked Turkeys" then roasted them for about 4 hours.
They were dry as a bone, tough, and burned!
No chance of any "Gravy". :mad::mad::mad:
Their "Sweet Potatoes" , were white potatoes mashed with brown sugar!!!
Next year, I brought down my own 20 pound "Butter Ball", and stuffed, and roasted it myself, in their oven. :classic::classic::classic:
AND, Lots of "Gravy"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
CC, my grandparents had a farm in CT. I remember the Christmas goose was as big as any turkey and I loved it. I like fresh turkey and baste the heck out of it. Butterballs and others with injected vegatible fat not for me. Yeah DR family likes their dinner afternoon of 24th.
Before I got married, my friend in BC roasted a pig for 3 yrs. Those dinners in the eve and blowing off a bunch of fireworks after were great.
I'd get after your pig leg, ensalada ruzo etc.
Someone with a connection for fresh turkeys could do well with a turkey fryer. Good stuff.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I say, "As Full Of $HIT as a CHRISTMAS GOOSE"!
Not "Pavo".
In my American family, we always have basically the same meal at Thank Giving & Christmas.
Sometimes a Ham is added at Christmas.
Here, I do a huge Thanks Giving Turkey dinner.
On Christmas Eve, we have an oven roasted "Pierna", (Pig Leg") with all the "Dominican Trimmings", plus a few American "Sides".
Christmas day is no big deal, after the children's gifts are open that is!!!
One year, before I moved here, I lived in the Naco Hotel.
They promoted a "Traditional American Thanks Giving Dinner".
You had to pay in advance, many Americans did.
They bought "Smoked Turkeys" then roasted them for about 4 hours.
They were dry as a bone, tough, and burned!
No chance of any "Gravy". :mad::mad::mad:
Their "Sweet Potatoes" , were white potatoes mashed with brown sugar!!!
Next year, I brought down my own 20 pound "Butter Ball", and stuffed, and roasted it myself, in their oven. :classic::classic::classic:
AND, Lots of "Gravy"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

We stayed there often when the kids were small [1980s], nice suites with kitchens. Tiny pool area though. The hotel's manager back then was Mr. AE's cousin.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
CC, my grandparents had a farm in CT. I remember the Christmas goose was as big as any turkey and I loved it. I like fresh turkey and baste the heck out of it. Butterballs and others with injected vegatible fat not for me. Yeah DR family likes their dinner afternoon of 24th.
Before I got married, my friend in BC roasted a pig for 3 yrs. Those dinners in the eve and blowing off a bunch of fireworks after were great.
I'd get after your pig leg, ensalada ruzo etc.
Someone with a connection for fresh turkeys could do well with a turkey fryer. Good stuff.

I take it you like your meat very well done then ?......after 3 yrs, it surely would have turned to carbon. So much for the 25mins / Lb + 20 mins for the oven. :cheeky: