recommendations for Adobe flash player TABLET thats the Best!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I have an ipad 2 , a samsung galaxy s11 CDMA phone ,however i want a device that i can watch tennis and certain programs that can ONLY be run on ADOBE FLASH PLAYER ..... No Apple product carries this adobe flash player ,so i need Hhhhhhhhelp please from knowledgeable ... I was going for an ipad mini as i thought it would be good for travel but that means i will never get tennis matches , so need experts on best non apple devices that would support adobe flash player and u think are the best ! Lol thanks

Wigan

Jun 22, 2011
Best flash support on tablets would be Blackberry Playbook, which in itself is rather abandoned product.. on a bright side of things you can pick one up really cheaply on eBay. look for either 64 GB version or LTE version - not sure if theres a combination of both.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
No idea, I have a great samsung 10 . Something other, 2 times 64 gb memory, phone sim slot, the total.....l but adobe pkayer flash would be greatly appreciated for Ufc on u tube...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
there are hacks to install flash player in android jellybean on a tablet.
AZB

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If you want Adobe Player Flash for videos, investigate using the Dolphin browser. I can get videos that require Adobe to play in that browser.

troyonline

Jun 29, 2013
Get a Windows Surface Tablet, it's vastly better than any iPads and plays flash content excellently in internet explorer. Great HD screen, in 16:9 aspect ratio, perfect for watching TV programs. Also it comes with Microsoft Office free, one year of unlimited international Skype calls, and 200GB of cloud storage... you should give it a look.

Introducing the New Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2

troyonline

Jun 29, 2013
Has everyone in the tablet bus , given up on adobe and its only on computers now??

Adobe is not going to make computers, but they are about to release a few tablet accessories, like digital drawing pens and rulers, yes rulers SMH!!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Get a Windows Surface Tablet, it's vastly better than any iPads and plays flash content excellently in internet explorer. Great HD screen, in 16:9 aspect ratio, perfect for watching TV programs. Also it comes with Microsoft Office free, one year of unlimited international Skype calls, and 200GB of cloud storage... you should give it a look.

Introducing the New Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2

Troyonline, you have been quite the shill for Microsoft. Are you sure you are not Bill Gates' sockpuppet on DR1? :p

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I am looking for adobe flash player as allmthe tennis tournaments on tennistv.com , and others ,you must adobeflash to watch them .... Used to be all samsung any other tablet than the ipad had adobe flash player , however all androids tablets and samsung products havent the system ...seems i am stuck seeing it only on computer .. When travelling the ipad and tablets are soo easy and compact

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
It is possible, if you are comfortable manipulating software, to get Adobe Flash Player to work on Android - something like a Galaxy Tab or Nexus. You could also, if you wanted to upgrade your phone, go to a Galaxy Note which is essentially a 5 inch tablet and get it to work there.

You have to download and install Adobe Flash Player to the tablet or phone, along with Dolphin Browser. Once both are downloaded and installed, and you have turned on Flash Support in Dolphin, Adobe Flash Player will work on the tablet or phone.

About Dolphin from: Features -

Flash Support
Flash is back
You can once again view Flash content on your favorite Android browser. Simply download the Adobe Flash Player app from the internet onto your phone, & turn on Flash Support in Dolphin settings. No more switching to the Youtube app to view video content!

On Dolphin for Android.

The Adobe for Android app is not available from Google Play, but it is archived at Adobe.

Instructions for downloading from Adobe can be found here:

Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

Archived versions of Adobe Flash Player for Android can be found here:

Archived Flash Player versions Player archives

So, if you want to go through the steps, you can get it to work on an Android device.

troyonline

Jun 29, 2013
Troyonline, you have been quite the shill for Microsoft. Are you sure you are not Bill Gates' sockpuppet on DR1? :p

It's not my fault that Microsoft makes products that actually work, without having to jump through hoops. I just tell it like it is!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Flash is being phased out on Jellybean tablets. You can side-load it, but it will not install from the Market in some builds of JB, nor can you find it on the Play Market. HC will still install Flash, as well GB.

Dolphin contains support for Flash video internally, so if you're set on Android, that's your best long-term bet. Otherwise a Windows tablet will have Flash support for a while.

As more tablets support HTML 5 Flash won't be such a requirement, but that's a way's off.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Just get the photon app from App Store for a flash player on your ipad. Works fine. The issue is with Apple and Adobe, not the hardware, so there's no reason why a third party couldn't release compatible software.

Photon Flash Player for iPad - Flash Video & Games plus Private ...
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/photon-flash-player-for.../id430200224?...
1 Mar 2013 - Description. LIMITED TIME SALE: USD$9.99 -> USD$4.99 "Photon browser is a powerful and versatile Safari ...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Flash is buggy and a security risk. This is why it has never been allowed to natively run on iPad's etc and the reason Android is now killing it off as well. 3rd party browsers for both OS's solve the issue.

Microsoft Surface, what a piece of junk. They cannot give them away, even when offering a $200 trade in.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Flash is buggy and a security risk. This is why it has never been allowed to natively run on iPad's etc and the reason Android is now killing it off as well. 3rd party browsers for both OS's solve the issue.

Microsoft Surface, what a piece of junk. They cannot give them away, even when offering a $200 trade in.
My understanding is there was a huge personal rift between Steve Jobs and Adobe.

Flash may be "buggy" on OS, but I've never had much of a problem with Flash that cause considerable angst.

While HTML5 may be "the future", today 70%+ of video content on the web is Flash.

Re: Android, I have Flash on bot my Android devices, cell phone (JB2.3) & tablet (Amazon proprietary Android), no problems at all.

The biggest compatability issues with Flash have been occasional hiccups with Flash on Firefox usually based on upgrades of either/both, and a Real Player downloader app.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They had a rift because Apple showed how vulnerable flash is, bad performance, battery life issues, plus they wanted an open standard like HTML5 for iOS which is just much better.

Job's response and reasons.

Thoughts on Flash

Adobe themselves have officially dropped support for Flash on mobile devices, with no more upgrades, patches etc as they are now focusing on HTML5, what does that tell you?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They had a rift because Apple showed how vulnerable flash is, bad performance, battery life issues, plus they wanted an open standard like HTML5 for iOS which is just much better.

Job's response and reasons.

Thoughts on Flash

Adobe themselves have officially dropped support for Flash on mobile devices, with no more upgrades, patches etc as they are now focusing on HTML5, what does that tell you?
Opinions vary. The Adobe folks have a different version of events.

And while HTML5 may be the FUTURE, Flash is relevant NOW.

And while mobile devices-i.e. phones and tablets-are increasing in use and share and may one day dominate, fact is TODAY laptops and desktops are still highly relevant. And that's not likely to change.