La Sirena Sosua??

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Last year there was a post about Grupo Ramos purchasing land in Sosua for a La Sirena. As I had mentioned in this post the sale was genuine and I know the previous owner of the land. Well the land has been sitting there with no activity until yesterday when I noticed that they were installing a fence around the property and today there are heavy machines on the property. Anybody heard anything about this yet? Although some may disagree, La Sirena is a welcome sight in Sosua and finally some competition to Playero. Yes, some of the smaller supermarkets and colmados may and will suffer, but I think that some of them will certainly survive.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my source in la sirena (management) was telling me the lad was indeed purchased and planned but no opening date was set. but we spoke maybe two months ago. things could have changed.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
It's just off of the main road from Cabarete. Actually, they may be clearing the land all the way up to the main road, I'm not sure how much of that area they actually purchased. It's next to the Todo Carne.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Across the highway from the road that runs to Tradewinds. I was taking a moto back to my place and my driver told me about it just this afternoon...he was quite excited. There is 3 or 4 large earth movers....the area is quite large.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I have heard from a good source that this is going to be a Super Pola (groceries) and not a full size La Sirena, even though it’s the same parent company.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have heard from a good source that this is going to be a Super Pola (groceries) and not a full size La Sirena, even though it’s the same parent company.

That is actually more logical than an entire La Sirena. For the imported Chinese clothing and housewares you would still have to drive to Puerto Plata. I guess we will know when they put up a "sign".

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
apparently they want to be up and running by the end of the year, so you might want to reconsider the bet. ...I know the person who sold the land to them

3-8-2012 quoting myself , ah well better late than never

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
3-8-2012 quoting myself , ah well better late than never

End of this year would mean it is for all intents and purposes on schedule in the DR. Super Pola, Mega Pola, Mini Pola, whatever - competition is good for the consumer.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
why is everybody crazy about la sirena... prices are high, quality is low... but ok, competition might be ok

BelgianK